Hurray it's Friday!!!

Overwhelmed1

Happy Friday everyone. Made it through another week. I am going to try really hard not to get in a funk. The weekends seem to do that. Maybe because I have to much time to allow my mind to wonder.
It's been a pretty good week. I finally spoke to my daughter and it was a nice call. And guess what? They didn't starve. They were sitting down to a nice dinner she cooked yesterday.
My son has been nice to me. Well as nice as he can be. He always, even if nicely, let's me know most of my decision are bad. I think you should have bought a better house, you don't know how to decorate, I would have done this or that. I am learning to take it with a grain of salt.
Looking forward to playing games online with the grandkids and watching football this weekend.
I'm praying and sending positive vibes your way. Please be kind to yourselves and remember you are not alone. I respect and admire all of you.

Peace and Love

Blindsided

Face the Sun
I would have done this or that
Overwhelmed, our perfectly sane 50 y.o. son says this stuff to us all of time. "I think you should do this or that." I reply, "as an adult you get to make these choices for yourself, and we qualify." Or, when he says he thinks we should have wi-fi and set thermostat etc, I reply, "wow, thank you you for offering such a generous gift." That shuts him up. It's important as an elderly person that none of our children try to control over lives as long as we are able to manage.

Your weekend plans sound awesome. Enjoy.

Triedntrue

One of my other sons does that to me i got angry one day ( unusual for me) and said i can't do anything right in your eyes so i don't really care what you think. It shut him up for a while. I said it calmly not shouting.

JMom

Over,

How's your weekend going? I was wondering if you play any games online? Several years ago I played online yahoo spades. I'm not sure if they still have that but perhaps it can help fill up your mind with other junk. :coffee:

louise2350

I love playing Scrabble in the Pogo games. It's good for your mind and fills in the hours when you aren't busy or to just get your mind off of your problems.

DaisyC1234

I recently had blood work done and I was really low on Iron and B-12, so I started taking Iron and some other supplements and wow did I get some painting done yesterday. I still feel a little tired, but not nearly as bad. The painting helped take my mind off and made me feel accomplished. I survived the weekend and without any major blowups or issues for daughter.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
He always, even if nicely, let's me know most of my decision are bad. I think you should have bought a better house, you don't know how to decorate, I would have done this or that. I am learning to take it with a grain of salt.
My son does the same thing. I used to let it really get under my skin and would engage with him but I have learned, I think that's exactly what he wanted, me to engage and then get into a debate.
Once I understood this, it was much easier to let it go. I actually started to feel sorry for him. Really, how sad is it that one has to bring someone else down just to make themselves feel superior. I also find it amusing that my son, who at age 38 has yet to live in any type of responsible manner. His life is a mess and he wants to tell me how to live mine. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I just found out I have low B12 also. I have to get four B12 shots over the course of 2 months - so one every 2 weeks. I took one so far and don't feel much but hoping I will as time goes on.

Maybe it's an age thing or something! I had low vitamin D a few years ago but that seems okay now. I was VERY EXHAUSTED from that though so was glad when they found it.

Yes Overhwelmed hope you will be in a better place this week.