I asked Hubby

KTMom91

if he would stop at the grocery store on his way home and pick up a can/jar of turkey gravy and a couple of bananas. My mom and Miss KT are going to my brother's for the week, and they dropped off some turkey. I thought I'd heat up the turkey in some gravy and put it over rice; it's starting to rain and that sounded like a good dinner.

Hubby came in with a bag, then went back out to help one of his buddies with something electronic. I just opened the bag. I have six cans of gravy, and a bunch of bananas so big that Curious George would have trouble getting rid of them.

Thank you, honey.

trinityroyal

Mary, I am impressed that he came home with bananas and gravy.

(Mine would have come home with an entire shopping cart full of food, with nary a banana or tin of gravy in sight!)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Trust me...men aren't the only ones who do that. I had a customer a couple of days ago that racked up nearly a $400 bill. I usually ask them if they found everything ok...I think she did. She was laughing about what all she got then said, "Do you want to see my shopping list?" She pulls out this tiny piece of paper that had 4 things written on it. Can you say IMPULSE BUYING???

ps...you can NEVER have enough gravy.

Abbey

trinityroyal

"Do you want to see my shopping list?" She pulls out this tiny piece of paper that had 4 things written on it. Can you say IMPULSE BUYING???

Abbey, I'm with you there.

husband and I usually do the grocery shopping together. He's there as backup because my ADHD brain just can't stay on task in the grocery store. WAY too many shiny objects and delicious treats. Of course, I distract HIM, so list in hand we manage to get all sorts of things we don't need.

Me: "I really think we need a chocolate cake."
husband: "But darling, on my diet I'm not allowed to have cake."
Me: "That's okay. I can eat it!"

Sigh...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Mary, I am impressed that he came home with bananas and gravy.

(Mine would have come home with an entire shopping cart full of food, with nary a banana or tin of gravy in sight!)

Hahaha - that would be my H too! The other night he ran out with easy child to the store and I asked him to pick up OJ and Apple Cider. He came back with TWO 1/2 gallons of the Cider but no OJ. We are hitting up the grocery store tonight - should be fun with all those last minute shoppers like us - and I can't wait to see what we leave with. My list has about 20 items on it. Whenever he comes with me I buy more than double what's on my list.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bubba Gump Shrimp with gravy
Boiled shrimp with gravy
Shrimp cocktail with gravy
Creole shrimp with gravy........