I HAD to open my mouth and jinx difficult child 2... didn't I?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was practically bragging the other day how this is the first spring in three or four years that difficult child 2 has been stable. Well, me and my big mouth should know better, shouldn't we?

Maybe it's the shift from sleeping in until noon all last week to having to get up at 7:30am the past two days... I'll bet that's what it is. Because he was doing really quite well up until Monday night, and that's when I noticed he was getting a little hyperactive and he commented to me that his head was buzzing a little bit. Come to think of it, he was up REALLY late (like midnight) Sunday night (we didn't have school on Monday)!

Yesterday he was a little more squirrely. And TODAY he came home at 4pm and by the time I got home at 7pm from a lacrosse game, he was acting as if he did not take his afternoon Seroquel XR AT. ALL. He's spinning and swinging his arms around and jumping on things and just all OVER the place. He can't concentrate on his homework, he's distracted and just bouncing everywhere. I gave him a regular Seroquel to see if that helps settle him down, and I think it's helping.

Holy moley this kid is sensitive to sleep changes!

Please cross your fingers that he settles down over the next few days.

flutterby

Fly away!
Assuming the pretzel position...

Some people are that sensitive to sleep changes. I'm hoping that's all this is and will smooth out soon.

susiestar

Roll With It
All pretzzelled up and typing with my elbows. :tongue:

Sleep changes can be hard to handle. You might try giving him some melatonin to help through this time. Check with psychiatrist, but many of us have used it for difficult children. My uncle used to work a rotating shift where he changed every two weeks. My aunt swears that it made a huge difference when he started taking it the first few days of each shift.

If difficult child took it regularly before with no results, or took it and it stopped working after a while, it still might be helpful now. As I said, be SURE to check with psychiatrist first.