I have the Dixie Chicks blaring

mstang67chic

Going Green
...in an attempt to get the bald headed slug out of bed. (Speakers are right next to his door way) It's 12:39pm and except for getting up to go with his case worker for an hour (which required me to holler at him 3 times just to get him to move), eat pop tarts when he got back....he's been in bed since about 10 last night. If I didn't say anything he would me there most of the day with short excursions to park his backside in front of the tv and moan about how bored he is.

Any bets on if it will work?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well, it kinda worked. He's now parked on the front porch playing his gameboy.

Eh....he's out of bed and getting a bit of sun.

witzend

My mother used to listen to "beautiful music" on the radio. You know - 101 Strings butchering a Rolling Stones song, Andy Williams singing "The Theme from Love Story" all day, Pat Boone crooning "April Love"... It was the worst side of elevator music. See if you can find some and blast it. Maybe your grandma has some old albums. I'd run to high heaven to get away from that!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Love all the music suggestions! LOL Once he was up, he decided to go to a friends house across town and asked me to drive him. Uh...nope. This town isn't THAT big and he needs to get off his duff and actually expend some energy. Before that though, I had him mow the front yard. That didn't work out as he couldn't get the push mower started. He pulled the cord a few times and declared he was tired. Well yeah, you don't DO anything! After he left, I messed with it and finally got it started so I mowed the front yard with the push mower and the back with the rider. (This was after I got the laundry down off the line) Then I hoed our small garden. All this while he was gone. Hmmm......amazing what you can accomplish when you actually stay up during the day. :hammer:

F

flutterbee

Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond were always sure to get me out of the house. Still will. And my mom eating pickled beets was sure to keep me away from her.

I've had extra kids in my house since Sunday and with the guitar hero and rockband constantly being played, I'm ready to leave my own house, too. I missed easy child while he was gone, but I didn't realize how calm it was here until he came back. :rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
And my mom eating pickled beets was sure to keep me away from her.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

husband brought some home from the store the other day. Stunk up the whole house. My mom used to can beets and I would either have to suffer or stay outside all day. We lived in the country so there wasn't anywhere to go to and they STUNK!!!!!!

Steely

Steaming cauliflower does my difficult child in every time. He is gagging on his way out the door.