I just had the pee scared out of me!

DammitJanet

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 10 am with my ortho doctor and then I needed to go to Walmart to get a few things. I was in Walmart for no more than 30 to 40 minutes and I walked out the entrance and looked to where I was sure I parked my car and it wasnt there!!!! I clearly remembered waiting for that parking space...well actually I was waiting for a handicapped space but the woman who was in the car started writing in some book so I parked in the space right next to her. I could swear I walked in the entrance at the food section. Thats why I came out that entrance.

I got out in the parking lot and OMG....my car was no where to be seen. I tried my panic button but that only works for a short distance. I was going absolutely crazy and crying my eyes out. I called 911 and they came out and they got the parking security people to ride around the lot pressing my panic button and my car was parked in the exact opposite side.

I have never been so scared in my life. Im still shaking and I came home to take a sedative and try to calm down. It was awful.

Jody

omg, i would have died!!! Once I got in a car just like mine, red chevette and interior was the same and everything, got in and saw an umbrella that i never saw before, and then tried the key and realized something was not quite right. i looked over and here was my car two spots over, I hurried and got over to my car and got out of there. I am so glad you were just having a "moment" and it was found. Later today, maybe you'll laugh you b*** off. I am. Sorry, but this sounds like something I would do.

Californiablonde

That is totally something I would do Janet! Last month I lost my car at jury duty. It was underground parking and had several different levels. For forty five minutes I walked up and down searching for my car in a panic. My anxiety level got so bad I was about to call my boyfriend, who was a half hour away, and have him come drive me around to look for my car. Thank goodness I found it. Turns out I entered the lot from the opposite side of the street and I got turned around. I have the worst sense of direction. I am okay driving on freeways but side streets and big parking lots confuse me. I am glad you found your car and I hope you are feeling better now that you're home safe and sound.

tiredmommy

(((Hugs))) I can imagine that it was thoroughly upsetting! husband once mistakenly told me he parked our car on one level of a parking garage while it was actually on another. It took Duckie and I almost 45 minutes to find it.

pasajes4

I tried to unlock my car at the mall and found out it was not mine when the owner tried to have me arrested for attempted car theft my car was two spaces over but I did not see it because it was blocked by a huge truck. The cars were identical right down to the Dallas Cowboys bumper sticker. It is still the butt of many family jokes.

donna723

Don't feel bad Janet. We've all done that at least once. I know I have.

A good friend from work took off one day to take her elderly difficult child-ish mother to the doctor. Her mom was a real character. The doctor called in some prescriptions and she stopped at the drug store on her way home to pick them up. She parked her van right in front of the drug store and told her mother to stay right there, she would be right back out. The drug store was right next door to a nice gift shop and her mother wanted to go in and look around, but she told her again to stay right where she was, to NOT get out of the van. Her mom had a tendency to wander around and sometimes got lost. So she went in to get the prescriptions, came right back out again, looked in the van ... and her mother was gone! And she was furious! She got in the van, started looking behind the seats, everywhere - her mother wasn't there! She got out of the van and went in the gift shop, sure that her mother was in there, but she wasn't! In a panic, she ran back out and got in the van, looking behind the seats and in back, thinking her mom may be playing a joke on her. By now she was almost hysterical and in tears as she got out her cell phone to call the police. Then she noticed a Pepsi Cola can in the cup holder and couldn't figure out how it got there because none of them ever drank Pepsi. Real Twilight Zone stuff! And then she looked up and out the side window of the van and there, two spaces over, was an identical van ... with her mother in it! And her mother was doubled over, laughing at her hysterically! In her panic, she hadn't even noticed that there was a second van. And she hadn't even noticed that the van she jumped in to was green and hers was gray! She was just glad that the owner of the green van never came out found her in it! It would be hard to explain.

L

Liahona

Wal-mart is easy for me to get turned around in. I forget which side I come in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is why, no matter where I go, if it somewhere I go fairly often.......I tend to always park in the same area. Maybe not the exact spot, but always the same area. Hate not being able to find my car.

Here is a funny story. One of our autistic students' father owns a huge fancy restaurant. The man had out student in the car and had to run into the restauran. He asked the valets, there were 2 of them, to keep an eye on the car, his 12 year old son was in there.
The valets were at work parking and retrieving cars. They went to check on the child and he was GONE! This restaurant is on a busy street! They found him SWIMMING IN THE KOI POND with the fish in front of the restaurant. The dad and boy were coming home from the beach, so the kid was in his bathing suit, he went for a swim. The one valet I knew, told me they dried the boy with a towel in the car and never told the man. It's a bit off topic.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am legendary at losing the car in the parking lot. By age 3 Wiz would be able to tell me what door we went in (by what was around it either merchandise at a store or the store we entered by at the mall) and what outside landmarks were by the car. I didn't ask him, he got tired of wandering aimlessly throughout parking lots when he wanted to go home. I have probably spent days or even weeks wandering around parking lots trying to find my car over the last 25 years. On a day when I am really scatterbrained I write down where I parked and what entrance I used on a notebook in my purse. It has saved a LOT of time and aggravation lately.

Don't feel alone. My nephew worked at Walmart as a teen and he had one woman who constantly needed help finding her car. She would wander around all upset for 10=20 min per trip. He and a few coworkers started keeping an eye out for her car and for when she was checking out so they could walk her to her car. The first Christmas after they started she gave him $200 for all his help because he didn't have to do that, much less get others to help.

It is NOT just you, and I am sorry you were so upset. Parking lots were created to mess with our heads, in my opinion.

cubsgirl

I had a similar scare. I was working and when I left work I found 'my car' with it's back end bashed in. I called husband crying because somebody had done a hit and run. husband told me to call 911 to get the police out to report a hit and run. Just as I was calling I realized the license plate was not mine. My car was one row over in perfect physical shape. I'm so thankful I didn't finish calling 911 over that.