I need a hug....

rejectedmom

HH, I am comming in late here so I have little to add other than I feel for you and understand how hard this whole thing is on you. FA is a good thing as is Anon and CODA. Go to as many as you need to stay strong and move foward. We all get stuck or slip once in a while be kind to yourself. Here is a huge ((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))) for both you and easy child and your husband. You are all suffering. -RM

hearthope

I am here for the honest responses! I appreciate you all taking the time to respond and share your opinions!

I agree with you all.

Maybe there is a time when ~ I just need to get something out and for him to hear it.

I also agree that my son only heard my disatisfaction with how he was living. He didn't hear the praying or the loving part.

This dance is much longer than I ever dreamed it would be.

Each time I think I am there, I realize I have only just begun.

I am pulling up the archives you suggested Suz.

This was the first time I had spoken to him since he left ~ I was not prepared.

I went to the meeting and plan to go back. Hopefully, with what I learn thru alanon,the experiences that you all share with me and many prayers I will learn to change myself.

I did realize last night that I have to change. I thought I had, but the meeting last night opened my eyes. My thoughts, my reactions and my words~~~to everyone involved ~ has to change for me to deal with this situation in a productive way.

Please don't ever think you could offend me with your responses ~ I am here for honest opinions.

Sometimes I am too close to the situation to get a clear picture of what is really happening, I thank God for having you all on this board to shake me and tell me what is going on.

Thank you ALL!!

Traci

everywoman

It takes time, HH. And this is not an easy road we travel. There are turns and bends and sometimes you end up back at the beginning again! I, too, tried it all with mine. I finally reached a point last year when I stopped. Then he came around. Hopefully, yours will realize where he's headed before its too late. Meanwhile, attend meetings, come here for support, find a close friend to talk to who offers only a listening ear and not advice. Often when we open up and explore out thoughts, the answer is in the questions we ask. I pray you find peace in your journey. I pray your son finds recovery. I pray your daughter finds a way to love her brother but reject his choices.