I need a padded room somewhere..

muttmeister

Well, it has been quite a week. On Wednesday, difficult child 2 and his wife got a new (used) car; very nice; a 2008 pontiac; it had been wrecked once but was in good shape; they traded in their old car AND truck on it so they should have had a nice car to drive for several years.

That same day, I came to the town 2 hours west to take care of my future daughter-in-law (and difficult child 1 and her girls); she had her tubes tied and will be laid up for a few days. Took the girls to school, etc. All went OK.\

This morning, about 7, the phone rang. It was difficult child 2. He and wife were both in the hospital. She was driving last night and had been drinking and was acting stupid and totalled the new car. He had only a bump on the head and a couple of staples. She, however, has a broken right arm and a broken left leg. They took her to the hospital 2 hours east; she will have surgery tomorrow on both her arm and leg.

So this morning, I took difficult child 1's girls to school; then I drove 2 hours home to pick up difficult child and his wife's brother. Went a half hour south to where they had towed the car and took care of that business. Then drove 2 hours east and north to the hospital. Did errands there and got them all settled. Then over 2 hours back west to difficult child 1's so I can stay there till she feels better.

I'm glad difficult child 1's fiance is doing well and feeling better. I'm glad difficult child 2 got to the hospital and that his wife will be OK. I'm glad the kids were not along and that now they're at a babysitter's they like for a few days. I have lots to be thankful for but right now I'd really just like to crawl in a hole and pull the top in over me. When is somebody going to come and take care of me?:sick:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I thought my week has been bad. That wore me out to read it. Any chance you can spoil yourself tomorrow?

Glad everyone is ok. Afriad to ask what they'll do for transportation now.

Hugs

DammitJanet

yeah...wow! You definitely need that padded room. Along with some good books and room service!

Hope everyone mends well.

muttmeister

Just a quick update: daughter in law is still in surgery. difficult child 2 says both breaks are close to the joint so they couldn't put in rods; they are doing plates in both the arm and leg. She will be in a wheel chair for at least 6 weeks before she can do any physical therapy or anything. She may not have full use of her right arm but at least she has one.
I am still with difficult child 1; hopefully his girlfriend will be fully up and about by Monday so then I can go home but I need to take the two older grandkids to my house until difficult child 2 gets home. We will leave the baby at the babysitter's. I drive a Camaro and there is no way to get 3 carseats in my car. Don't know yet how we'll get d-i-l home as she sure can't fit in my car. Hopefully some of difficult child 2's friends will step up to the plate; they've been very supportive so surely something will work out.
Thanks for all of the good thoughts.

DammitJanet

Wow...she really got badly hurt. More than it sounded in your first post. Stupid yeah but I feel so badly for her and difficult child 2. Its going to be a long, tough haul.

Im sure you are going to be in for it with caring for the grands. I bet they are scared to death.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sending you some fluffy pillows for the padded room. And a massage. And a backseat of "holding" as we used to call it when I played Dungeons & Dragons... So you can fit all you need to in the Camaro.

AND... Take care of yourself. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}