I successfully navigated...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...a touchy evening.

My inlaws would kill each other in sight. I have bio mother in law and mother in law and father in law that live two doors down. I call bio mother in law and invite her to dinner. It's my day off and I wanted to cook. She didn't call back. Then, father in law sees me out working in the yard. It's late in the day and I say, why don't you guys come over for dinner? He said he's have to talk to non-bio mother in law to see.

About 5pm, the doorbell rings. It's bio-mother in law. We have some dinner...then my cell rings. My other inlaws want to come over for dinner. I told them in an hour. Bio mother in law finally leaves...I rush to clean all the dishes up and make it look like a new dinner. At this point I am absolutely stuffed and wondering how I'm going to pull off eating another meal.

Now here's the kicker. In the middle of the second meal the doorbell rings. It's the company that is picking up our car that we voluntarily turned over a good month ago. They said they'd be there the next day...didn't happen. It's just been sitting in the driveway. Guess no one wanted to come to Oshkosh. Good timing.

husband goes to handle it. He gives them the keys. Nope. They have to TOW it away by law. So I'm sitting in the kitchen trying to make small talk on my second dinner with my car being towed.:mad:

In the end, I think I put on a good 10 lbs and lost a car, but maintained good relations with two sets of inlaws. I LOVE days off.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW! That certainly was a tricky situation. I am sorry the in-laws don't get along at all, but glad that you are able to keep in touch with all of them.

Sorry about the car - it stinks when you have to do that, but at least you will be out from under the debt.

You certainly are the master of tact, putting the second meal together as though it was the only one. Your husband is lucky to have you.

Hugs,

susie

Andy

Bravo! Now, how in the world did you get mother in law and father in law to call ahead of time and not just drop in? Or, did they see bio-mother in law walk in your house and called to see what you would do?

Wonder what mother in law and father in law would have said if you invited the car guys to the table?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Abbey. I didn't know you are a juggler too!!! Seems your talents are endless. :rofl:

Now me, I'm onary. I'd invite them all to dinner and make them be nice. :devil:

Just ask my Mom.:tongue: