I think I have a touch of PTSD...

Mom2oddson

I've been an emotional wreck for the last week or so. Don't know if it's because I burnt the candle at both ends and ran out of wax or what.

Anyhow, easy child is home for Spring Break. This morning I went downstairs to get the keys to the car from him since he used it last night. As I went down the stairs I got the old scent of boy. It should of been nothing, but it reminded me of Ant and his stoner friends so I had this flashback and started panicing to the point that I woke up easy child demanding if he's using.

I know easy child isn't using anything. But that smell (and it wasn't pot it was sweaty boy smell) triggered this full-blown panic of "I knew it...All my kids have problems"

I still have 3 weeks until my next therapist appointment and I really need it. My depression is getting bad and AD's and I don't get along. The last one helped with the depression but my blood pressure had a difference between the top and bottom of 10 points. And that was the one with the least side-effects.

If I'm not depressed, I'm swimming in anger/rage.

I'm heading to my Mom's tonight to use the treadmill. I figure an hour or so should release enough endorphins to help my mood. Then tomorrow, I'm taking a 1/2 day from work to go celebrate my friends b-day. Maybe that will help lift my mood for a while.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

I still have periodic PTSD moments. Nothing like years ago........but every once in a while they sort of sneak up out of the blue and bite you in the fanny. I can't even always find the "trigger" either....... just poof there it is.......and I talk myself through it.

Treadmill is good. Almost have the house to the point mine can be brought in to the diningroom where I can use it easier. Enjoy your friends birthday as well. Sometimes it's the little pleasures in life that are our biggest life lines.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm still prone to those PTSD moments too....'fanny biters' lol......and much like HD - I talk to myself.....no, wait - I .....aw skip it.

My saving grace was a 12 lbs shot put. Actually it was a counter weight for an antique gate - but I'd take it - go out in the field - spin around throw it - walk out get it - walk back - repeat. Did that for about an hour - and it helped with the stress so much. Amazingly enough I tried the treadmill - but no one left me alone. You throw a 12 lb weight in a field and yell while you are doing it? Complete solitude.

Hope you find some peace tonight -