I walked in and the trash can lid was swinging

Steely

I took Tesla for a walk, and walked in the door to see the trash can lid, just swinging back and forth, back and forth.

SERIOUSLY?

I am not superstitious, nor do I get spooked easily. So I looked for the obvious. A fan, the heater, Tesla jumping - nope. The testing of all of these scenarios did not cause my trash can lid to swing again. No animals are in my house that would have caused the trash can lid to swing either.

I am just saying. Today has already been a really bad day (post 1pm). My Mom is being super weird, Matt is being oober difficult child, and I spent the afternoon sad/upset over missing sis and my Dad. I took T for a walk, and BAM, this happened.

Please give me some logical reasons as to why Mr Trash Can Lid suddenly felt the need to swing????

H

HaoZi

I'll take it you checked for unwanted physical visitors. Draft when you opened the door?

keista

Didn't you have a mouse/rat problem? Is that COMPLETELY taken care of? That would be my first logical thought.

tiredmommy

Did you slam the door after you entered? Or just closed it hard? That could shake the door frame which could cause a vibration in the floor boards.... you get the idea.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Steely, I expect there is a logical explanation. I guess I'm the opposite from most logical thinkers- I'd love for it to be a sign that your Dad and Sis were thinking about you since you were obviously missing them. Don't be afraid of the inexplicable- it could be something wonderful!

Hugs,
Suz

buddy

suction from the house door opening/closing???? I dont know the position of things in your home... If it is a hard door did it vibrate the floor???
Or, as my son would say when things go missing or get moved.... MOM, dont you believe in toy story????

Steely

Thanks suz....the weirdest part was that I saw the trash can lid swinging before I ever entered the house
In have not had any mice or predators since last month, but who knows. I checked.
No draft that I know of as I re created the scenario of me walking in with the heat on, and door opening....I know weird.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well now, why isn't it perfectly logical that when you were having a cruddy day and missing Dad and sis pretty bad they'd give you a sign they're right there with you?

You ruled out the possibilities for "this side", so why couldn't it have been "that side". Know what I mean??

Perhaps they felt strongly you needed to know they were present, strongly enough to give you an unmistakable sign you couldn't explain away. To let you know you're not as alone in this as you think you are.

Not trying to creep you out. Just makes sense.

Hugs

InsaneCdn

When the weather gets colder,
The Mice get bolder.

That's my vote.
Anything around food or garbage... at least in my experience... is mice.

Hope not, but...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ya know, I've had stuff like this happen. And while there probably is a perfectly logical explanation... I'm pretty sure it's not the Stay-Puf Marshmallow Man...

Steely

Yes - really weird, I must say. I have thought of everything here - the only thing I can think of is that it was a tremor from a minor earthquake.

On the other hand - yesterday was a crummy day. My Mom is being SO distant, judgmental, and critical lately. She really upset Matt, and made him feel really bad about himself - and she had done the same thing to me yesterday as well. I was really wanting to talk to H., because she would SO understand. She is the only person that would really "get" the things my Mom did. So, the trash can lid moving - could definitely be - H saying "trash it Steely - this is not worth your time being upset over. And I love you." That is what I needed to hear anyway - regardless - so we will just take it as that message and go forward :)

BusynMember

I believe strongly in the paranormal and our loved ones moving to another world after "death" and staying with us. I think your loved ones on in the next realm were waving to you. And I stand by that!

Marguerite

Maybe it's a message to put those negative thoughts in the trash?

Don't read too much into this for now. You have enough on your plate.

Marg

Lothlorien

I like what Marg & you said ↑ Maybe sis & dad telling you to put it in the trash and move on. Could be a more logical explanation, but I believe that people that have passed on are still with us in spirit. I'm sure your sister and your dad would want you to move on with your life and get past all the negative.