If you had a magic wand

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
I'm liking the lotto, health insurance for everyone, being HOT and eating chocolate, and 10 more IQ points...but I guess I only get one wish?

Hmmmm, if I take away the anxiety I'm hoping the violence goes away too........I also have holes in the walls and doors ripped off hinges that we won't fix

Fran

Former desparate mom
I wish so often for a magic wand. I want to take away the "brain wrinkle" that has stopped difficult child, his whole life, from getting it. No matter what difficult child has been exposed to or taught, it seems to roll around his head without any connection to anything else. Lots of chaos and random thinking but no way to file it and use it as a reference when the time comes. He doesn't see a pattern with day to day ADL's let alone a work environment.
He got a crappy set of genes and developed a crappy way of dealing with his challenges.
He is a bright young man who seems to aimed towards not being able to function fully in his life. It produces anger as a secondary symptom.

I hate difficult child's brain wrinkle. I would give any lotto winnings away to get difficult child to just get it. It is a life not lived fully and neither he or I can find the key to open up his potential.