husband had a productive meeting with the psychiatrist this morning. HOWEVER, I am afraid that the medication changes he's proposing will make things worse for awhile before they'll get better. I understand that the psychiatrist's rationale is to essentially clear the deck so we know what medication is causing what side-effect or response, but in doing so, we remove some of the supports husband has had, even if they're not the best ones for him. He is instructed to start weaning off Paxil over the next month. Then he has the go-ahead to start titrating up on Trileptal. Once he's at a therapuetic dose of Trileptal and has been seizure-free for a while, he's to start weaning off Lamictal (mainly because of the rash problems he's had). They also discussed having him go back on a low dose of stimulant somewhere down the road, but because of his brain cavernoma, which we were told to avoid any medications that increase blood pressure, this may be problematic. husband still accepts that he probably has ADHD which is why they talked about this. We still haven't heard back from the surgeon's office on the results of his brain MRI almost two weeks ago psychiatrist didn't mention mood disorder at all, probably because he can't bring up anything I've discussed with him without husband's knowledge. I'm sure that as symptoms come up, we'll be able to address them head on, now that husband is back as a psychiatrist patient. With Paxil gone, I have a feeling that irritability and a short fuse will be back in our lives again in the coming days. We're supposed to go to Vegas the weekend after next for our anniversary... perhaps I can persuade him to hold off on any changes until AFTER that trip!