I'm Back!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have missed you SO MUCH!!!!! Sorry it has been so long.

We moved a second time, to a small 3br apt about 6 blocks from my parents. It was the best option at a cheap price. husband got an adjunct professorship for this semester and next and this is way below what we could have afforded so we can save some $$ and catch up on some things we have let slide.

It was an eventful move. Started the day before our 21st wedding anniversary and took a week. I refused to move to the new apt until the very last day because I knew husband would NOT get the stuff out of the house until he absolutely was forced to an the friends who own it were trying to sell it. He did max 2 loads a day until he realized I was serious, then did 4 loads in one day. That night he had a major meltdown from stress because he wasn't ready for classes, but in the middle of the night. So I told him that I would do the last mop up, sweep, vacuum trash out the next day witht he kids while he got ready for classes.

He has 3 classes, each something he has never taught, so this semester will be BUSY for him, esp as he still plans to work football games which take an entire Saturday.

thank you started school today - 7th grade! Gma funded back to school clothes/supplies so we shopped for several hours yesterday. Meant to go Sat, but I had a migraine. It was still there Sun but not nearly as bad and I really really really wanted to go do that with him. So I pushed through and had a delightful time. He is such a sweet kid, but he goes out of his way to be helpful and it stresses him at times. It was a tough week for him, and I enjoyed being able to indulge him with new clothes that he likes and tons of new pencils and notebooks. Of course the rest of us got new pencils and notebooks too - we esp adore the graph paper composition notebooks.

Jess is thrilled to be a 2 min walk from her bff who she hasn't seen much of in the last year or so because all the health stuff. She cannot walk there alone yet, she still falls too much, but she is close and that is good. We went to court on her shoplifting charge and got comm service and 6 mos to do it. She starts in a week.

I have been busy but taking it not to fast. My body is a big hassle, but we will have insurance next month and the knee shots will be covered and a big help I am sure. doctor wants to do syn visc in my knees, and it is time.

What are you all up to???? Have your kids gone back to school yet? How are things going??

Estherfromjerusalem

Susie, it's good to see you! The board hasn't been the same without you. I'm pleased things are sorting themselves out for you all -- it's about time!

Hope your health improves, your knee etc. Give yourself time to settle in to the new place.

Love, Esther

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Omg SUSIE!!!!! Welcome BACK!!!!

I have missed you SOOOO MUCH!!!

Sounds like you guys have been crazybusy... I'm not sure I could take 2 moves back to back like that. But... Let's see. Raven moved in, beginning of June, and he will be moving out on Aug 31 (whether he likes it or not, I finally put my foot down and husband didn't even blink an argument)... Onyxx is either snowing even ME or she has really really turned herself around, and given what I've snooped in and found out, she's not snowing me (!!!)... Jett is now 14 and, aside from typical teen being a good kid... Bean only has 7 more weeks to bake and Mommy's waddling more than a tad. Healthy little thing though... And adores Daddy's voice - OK, husband canNOT sing, he couldn't carry a tune in a leakproof backpack that was duct-taped on but he was singing Motley Crue this past weekend and Bean was clearly listening. (I, on the other hand, was trying NOT to...)

I'm glad you're back and things sound good. :hugs: :happyguy:

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome that things are going well for you Step!! I hope O has turned herself around - she has such promise!!! Glad the Bean is doing well too!! They do get to know their Daddy's voice - Wiz turned to find his Dad's voice less than 5 min after he was born!!! (no joke - the doctor was SHOCKED and amazed!)

T

TeDo

Glad you're back Susie!! I'm another that is awed by the ability to complete 2 moves in such a short period of time. Wow. Sounds like the kids are doing well. Our summer has been mostly uneventful and school for us starts in a week (the school in town started today), not that it matters much since we do school at home anyway. It just means more structure to our day which is fine for difficult child 2 but a hard transition for difficult child 1. Maybe by then he'll be bored enough during the day with his friends in school that he'll be glad to have something to do during all those hours.

Welcome "home"!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Yay!!! You're back!! :) :) :)

Sounds like things are still on the upswing for you, which I'm thrilled to hear.

Missed you tons!

TerryJ2

Nice to see you!

Sheesh, you moved AGAIN? I'd have a migraine too!

So glad that school is starting out well.
Remind me ... why does Jess have issues falling? (Sorry, I'm brain dead.)

Do you have to cart her around for community service? (I knew before I read it, that's what she would get. :) )

Best of luck with-your knees.

I'm so glad that you're in an apt and saving up $$ and paying bills. husband and I did that the yr before we bought a house. Actually, we were already in an apt but husband said we had to rent a cheapo. I HATED it but he was right. We saved up enough in one yr for our down payment. :)

buddy

Yipee! Glad you're back! Ok, still unpacking here so the second move thing sounds like the absolute worst to me, lol! But glad you found something that works and pulled it off. I sure hope you can get pain relief sooner than later.

Hugs, and again, so glad to see you again!

Ktllc

Glad to hear you are getting settled and all happy about the move for all kind of reasons. Life does get busy!
To have health insurance in 1 month must be a big relief.
Here, the boys are going back to school next week. Kindergarten for V... I try not to panic. He is such a mess lately.
Welcome back. We all enjoy you on the forum.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey ya ZUsie! or is that zoo sie? Sounds like you've been through it! Glad to see you are as tough as ever! hugs and love Starbie/////the I hate to move too barbie.