I'm cold

Hestiax3

It was 32 degrees, grey and windy today...ick. I am so not ready for winter. A year-round balmy 75 partly sunny skies with a slight breeze would be perfect.

I'm counting the days until I leave for Florida....10 to be exact!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:frozen::blizzard:

Cold here too. My furnace has been on all day. Bleak and dreary. Had to fight the urge to go to bed all day. ugh

I'm not ready for winter either.:faint:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I was typing a post on this subject earlier and it vanished into cyber space. I like winter but it is already so cold in my house. I bought a pair of mittens that the tops fold back and then they are fingerless gloves. I am wearing a sweatshirt with a hood up too. I think it is going to be a long winter.

hugs
beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, I'm loving this, too. 31 today. What I really hate, and probably is what put me in such a pouty mood this weekend is waking up in the dark and coming home from work in the dark. I went to work at 7am, came back at 5:30pm. It's like the day just evaporated. Dark all the time...and snowing and cold.

I wish I had a fireplace.

Abbey

4sumrzn

I'm with you.....SO not ready for this cold, dark, winter weather. YUCK! 75' sounds pretty good to me right now.....my furnace has been running quite a bit this morning :(

Until you leave for Florida - Keep thinking WARM thoughts...:beach::beach_ball::water_happy:::swimming::swimming:

I know what you mean though - It's damp and dreary around here... I hate when it gets dark early!!!

I'm thinking about making a big pot of soup today... WFEN

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This is so funny!!! We just broke our 90 degree record for months.... here in Tucson. They are calling for upper 70's and 80's all week! Chilly!!!:blizzard:
Seriously the people here act like it is freezing! Parkas and Uggs out!!! THe kids at school in the morning shivering!
K loves it because she runs warm. So she is in shorts and tanks...
N is hunched over like a little old lady whining, "I'm so cold"....

I had 7 months straight of winter last year up in Idaho! I have never lived anywhere like this! This is so crazy... November and I am sitting here in shorts and a tanktop. If our pool had a heater we could be swimming...
K just might!!!

I have no pity for the cold!!! I did it in Chicago and Idaho for 20+ years!!!
Bring on the warmth... and y'all can come visit!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Gee, I just messaged difficult child 1 about this. He is stationed in death valley right now.

It was slightly over 80 degrees here 4 days ago. Yesterday, we hit a high of 6 degrees above freezing.

I asked him if he missed it. lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The only thing I like about the cold is the change in menu at our house...snuggling on the couch....evening tea....and wearing my most comfortable jammies. Otherwise, I would take boiling heat year round because I can always get cool...can't always get warm. I wear socks to bed in August I'm always so darned cold!!

Have fun in Sunny Florida. Wish I was going~

Star*

call 911........call 911
I LOVE COLD< OVERCAST, RAINY, CLOUDY DAYS -

It was 34 here this AM - no furnace - just 3 bulldogs and a difficult child shivering under a mass of quilts....REALLY? I'm NOT COLD.....

OMG MENOPAUSE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I"M INTERNALLY HEATED. WOW. :anxious:

KTMom91

I love this time of year! A little wind, a little rain, light jackets only...I don't even own a coat! I do have Uggs, but it's a fashion statement, not a necessity. I have pretty scarves and mittens, too. They're useful for yard duty.

I'm staying in California.

trinityroyal

This time of year is not so bad. It's cold, but I have a pile of cute sweaters and some great boots. There's a light dusting of snow that looks like icing sugar, right before it melts away.

What I'm dreading is the Great Dumping of Snow. The 5th or 6th one, when there's nowhere else to put what you're trying to shovel off the driveway. Then out come the mukluks, ugly parka and the funny-looking hat.

Hestia, just keep telling yourself "I'm going to Florida, Florida Florida..."
By mid-January I might just become a snowbird and join you.

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
You cold freaks drive me nuts. ;) I'm walking home after a long day at work in sleet/snow/rain weather with some wind. Ummm...hello? That is not fun or enjoyable. I don't embrace it. I'll get some hunter dressed in total camo clothing coming in basically beating his chest - "I LOVE winter!!" Sporks are forbidden for me at work, but my gosh...if I had one he'd look like an empty Brite Lite board.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Did you know that the Inuit (Eskimos) have about 100 different words for snow, depending on texture, direction it's falling, how it sits on the ground, etc.?

Abbey, the kind of snow you're describing is what I call "Yucky Down the Back Of Your Neck" snow. Slush, sleet etc are just yucky and they don't count as snow in my book.

I like pretty snow. Picture postcard snow. Packing snow...that you can use to make snow men and forts. The other stuff...feh!