I'm renting husband out!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Rates are negotiable so let me know what you need done!

husband was off work today so I left him a list of places I wanted him to call regarding difficult child. The main one was a place that has all types of services including adult group homes for the mentally ill. Evidently, I should have had husband do this stuff MUCH earlier! The group home is income based, will help difficult child get a job and GED if he doesn't graduate, their waiting list at this point consists of one other person besides difficult child and husband is setting up a time so that difficult child can go look at the place and do an intake!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

The only "catch" is that difficult child would have to have at least counseling through this place which is not a problem. I think he can still keep his current psychiatrist (she's through another hospital/facility) but will check on that for sure. Also, they want him to have Medicaid in place before he goes there and husband also started that today.

Please keep fingers and toes crossed that we can get all of this accomplished soon! The person husband spoke with mentioned something about 3 months or so and I can live with that. Now....let's just hope difficult child stays cooperative for that long or really likes the place.

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
BOY OH BOY when you said you had good news - YOU WERE NOT KIDDING.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! HAPPY DANCE - HAPPY DANCE - I'd tell you POotie even took a bath she was so happy but you know better. lol

DELIGHTED WITH YOUR GOOD NEWS Stang - YOU GUYS DESERVE IT!!!!!

AND husband _ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

BRAVO MAN - top quality job!

but can he remodel bathrooms and travel to SC

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME!!!!! I am glad he pitched in and made the calls, rather than waiting for you to do them. This is GREAT.

Even better are the RESULTS!!! Where was he when I made all those phone calls??? Hey, he could have an AWESOME career making calls for busy moms of difficult children about this kind of thing. Maybe we should make that his new career.

I hope your difficult child will remain positive AND like this place. Or at least agree to go with-o too much fuss.

Hugs to you,

Susie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Congratulations -- that's fantastic news! And way to go husband! Who knew he could be such a mover and shaker? ;)

Hope all the ducks line up and difficult child can hold it together until his spot opens up! :D

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL I showed husband the post and the replies.

Star - He said if he goes to SC he won't leave. You sure you want to be stuck with him? (He DOES love dogs though)

Susiestar - What's the pay?

gcvmom - depends on what he's a movin and a shakin

EW - I'll keep an eye out for that list!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
One question... does he do taxes? I still haven't filed mine, and we're getting a refund!!! I know, bad girl! BAD!

KTMom91

How is your husband at yardwork? And does he want to visit sunny California? Hubby could definitely use some help!

mstang67chic

Going Green
He does do taxes...did both our federal and state. He also does yard work although he has his preferences on that. Just depends on what you want done. As for California? Eh....depends on where you are at. He was in LA for work once and wasn't all that impressed.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Give him a big hug from me... Because sometimes it just takes the right person to get things going and apparently he is it! YAY!

Does he have any expertise in reasoning with sociopaths? LOL I am kidding there... Maybe.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ummmmmm....not really. LOL He gets too frustrated with that type of situation. His mother is schizophrenic, he is her guardian and has one shift a day of giving her her medications. Plus he handles all of her doctor appointments (scheduling and taking her when he can....otherwise his sister takes her), her bills, gets her groceries, etc. She drives him bonkers. Anyone you can't reason with...he just doesn't understand.

K

Kjs

I'm GIVING mine away! Only he doesn't come with the added benefits as your husband. He doesn't come with any benefits!

Congrats!

mstang,

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!:D:beautifulthing::happyguy:!!!

I've got my fingers crossed, heck, all body parts crossed, that this plan works out!!!

by the way, we could use some help with both of our difficult children here... Maybe your husband could be bribed to head out our way - If he likes the ocean, we live near a beautiful beach... No palm trees though... However, you mentioned he likes dogs... He can borrow "my favorite sanity saver" - She is just the best!!!

I'll be eagerly waiting for an update... WFEN