Invitation

InsaneCdn

Several of us have been involved in the discussion that led to the creation of this new forum.

Some of you may not know that we are here...
I will not have caught ALL current active members who might be a fit over here on "Failure to Thrive", a forum for parenting teen and adult children with complex developmental and mental challenges.

This is just an invitation to see if you want to join "us", and I will include the others who have been in the discussion as well (I might have to reply to my own thread to catch all the ones I know).

If anyone else recognizes someone who might want to be "here", please invite them too!

@Copabanana
@SomewhereOutThere
@New Leaf
@Feeling Sad

@AnnieO
@ksm

Copabanana

Apple was interested. I do not know if her circumstances fit.

Suzir was interested. TL was interested although she feels her son would be OK without the alcohol. GoingNorth may want to contribute.

What about PASA? What about Nomad?

COPA

InsaneCdn

For starters I think we're better off to start with an existing moderator - maybe someone like recoveringenabler, or childofmine?

InsaneCdn

I'm interested; though I feel more like the kid who failed to thrive than the adult dealing with it at the moment.
Trust me. Either way, you'll have some good perspective to give the rest of us, like usual. Developmental challenges like Asperger's and Autism Spectrum will show up on this forum.

Copabanana

Insane, what about TishtheDish? I know she is busy now, but she may be interested. And while I have not seen her post for a while, what about Echolette?

COPA

InsaneCdn

Insane, what about TishtheDish? I know she is busy now, but she may be interested. And while I have not seen her post for a while, what about Echolette?
Copa - Feel free to invite anyone you think could be interested.
Just add a reply to this thread with "@" and the person's board name. Most of us get notified of alerts...

If people don't get notified of alerts, OR if none of us happen to know you might be interested... please feel free to invite yourself, and participate. Trust me... we need all the help we can get! This is not meant to be an exclusive club. But the kids discussed in this forum will be behaving in frustrating was, not so much because they have a choice but because their brains function differently. It changes a lot of things.

Scent of Cedar *

I just read that a new forum had been created and am stopping in to see everyone.

Congratulations!

I like the ideas to be discussed here very much. Conduct Disorders continues to unfold in beautiful and unforeseen ways. How fortunate are we. Remember how alone we used to be?

Thank you, RB and IC.

Cedar

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I kind of wandered away from posting for quite a while (especially after Belle found me in my previous incarnation), and then came back due to Pat's issues. This F2T forum is exactly, exactly what I need... Because he's not *quite* an adult but pretty close. PE fits for Belle, now... SA used to. But (knock on wood) that's in the past.

I'm thrilled about this! Thank you IC!