Is Hell Freezing Over?

Bunny

It's a beautiful day here. easy child is at sports camp and I was doing some straightening up and some cooking for Easter. difficult child pokes his nose out the door and says to me, "It's really nice outside. Think I can walk down to Gram's house?" I told him to go ahead, but he thought he should call first to make sure Gram was home. She was, and told him to come on over. He kissed me good-bye and left with a big smile on his face.

That kid that just walked out my door? THAT'S the one that I love!

Bunny

He stayed down there for about an hour, and then he and Gram walked back to our house. How has he been the rest of the day? He's a little anxious because my BFF (and easy child's God mother) and her family are coming out tonight to see easy child for his birthday and for pizza. When he knows that someone is coming he tends to get anxious waiting for them to get here, even though he knows they won't be here for about another hour.

InsaneCdn

But both you and he know exactly WHY he is anxious. It's not an unexpected thing.
He just needs to find some way to turn that anxious energy into something productive and mind-numbing.

If you lived closer... I've got a mountain of snow to get moved away from the house... (15 feet wide, 30 feet long, 5 feet high in the middle... shovel all you want, please)

Bunny

He's also complaining that he's bored because we took his Xbox away and those are the games that he "really" wants to play. Too bad. Should have thought about that before he picked up a knife.

buddy

Lol, must be todays theme because Q went out to shovel even though we have an association who does that.

He gets super anxious/excited when we have someone come over too.

I hope difficult child does ok during the visit!

Bunny

He did well during the visit, although they sort of ate and ran. They are staying with my friend's parents over Easter weekend, and their daughter, who is a bit of a difficult child herself, gets really wired when she visits with her grandparents, so they thought that if they got their on the early side she would be calm by the time it was the daughter's bed time.

Afterwards we told a him that we found a new therapist. That I had spoken to her and she sounds very nice and that I was going to be making an appointment for him. He was really good about it. Not what I was expecting at all!