Is there a group for my man?

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Hello all my fellow warrior moms!!
I've been sharing with my boyfriend of 3 years (amazing, open minded, intelligent, gentle, sweet, helpful, trained to do house chores regularly)how much this board has been helping me in doing the "right" thing with my difficult child and how you have all become the "parents" I never had in setting the right example with input and invaluable opinions and suggestions (my parents are useless, have been forever, haven't have contact in over 6 years - TOXIC!!). He is JEALOUS!! He wants opinions, input, venting forum as well (he's never had kids at age 41 and I am "fixed" so he never will) and now dealing with my difficult child! He is hesitant about posting here as he feels it is mostly women and wants to vent to manly "men". Does anyone know of a group/forum/site where he can do what we do with men??? He sees how helpful you have all been to our situation and wants a place of his own to vent and get suggestions with other men - any suggestions?? he needs a room of his own. Any ideas are apprecitated!!!
-Dara

Jena

hi,

my parents are useless too it *****. anyway that is so sweet that he wants to do that and has seen how it has helped you. it's helped me too alot in only a matter of weeks.

anyway i just went on web after i read your post. i came up wtih fathers network. it said dads only special needs kids. didn't click into it but try that.

good luck
jen

Dara,

there are men on this site. yes it is mostly women, but we do have our guys. In fact off the top of my head I can think of 3 hubbies on the site. there are also a few men on the site who are either single dads or getting little support from their wives.

I don't know of a specific board for men only, but your husband is absolutely welcome to post here. We encourage it.

D

DavidH

Too funny... I looked for MONTHS for a place like this.. yep lots of ladies.. and they are not afraid to tell you how it is... but it is all good.. and a HUGE help... tell him this is for sure the right place and if he ask he will hear answers... and get great feeling and a ton of weight lifted off his shoulders....

Single Dad here (Lost my orginal username) and a few more men on here would be awesome

Marguerite

husband would agree with you, David. He started on this site by lurking and reading my posts. Sometimes what I'd post would be a crystallisation of my thoughts on something (either to do with difficult child 3, or somebody else's problem) and he would talk it over with me when we got home. Then he began to post occasionally using my sig (although always making it clear it was him, not me). It was beginning to confuse me when threads would indicate I had read them, when I hadn't; so he finally got his own membership.

I remember a couple here who posted as a team - sometimes it was him, sometimes it was her, generally it was both of them. I could picture them sitting side by side, composing their posts together.

Something husband & I have found - with him lurking, he got a better 'feel' for what I was thinking about certain topics and issues and it was far easier then for us both to be on the same page. I mean, we thought we were communicating well before, but now it's so much more effective.

So tell him - go ahead, give it a go. If he's not sure then he should maybe just lurk for a while, get a feel. Or he could join, then PM some of the other blokes if he's wanting to avoid an overload of female opinion right at the start!

I'm sure husband would love to post on this, as soon as I give him permission... [he just read this over my shoulder and made a VERY rude noise!]

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hopefully your boyfriend will post questions here as well as look for a dad's site. It's apparent more than once that the old "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars". We ask different sorts of questions and appreciate different sorts of answers than the other gender.
Doesn't mean we don't have a great deal to offer it's just we sometimes speak in different ways.
You are a fortunate woman to have a guy to share your life with.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
He really is a good guy! I will certainly try to encourage him to check us out - thanks for all the encouragement!!!
-Dara

DammitJanet

My husband sometimes reads on here but if he ever posted it would take him until next year to actually type the darn thing out...lol. The poor man never learned to type and hunts and pecks with one finger. He refuses to even answer an instant message to tell someone I am away from the computer with my than a "Hi, this is Tony not Janet. Bye" and that takes him about 20 minutes to get typed...lmao!

susiestar

Roll With It
Tell him we would LOVE to have him join us. We have had a number of guys, and their input often made us see the situation in a different light. I think we did the same for them.

Hugs to both of you!!!

Susie

Marguerite

Janet, I would have thought your partner's name was Brad!?

Or maybe Sam, as in "Sam & Janet evening"...

Just a cheeky digression.

Marg