Is there a rule that when difficult child settles down, easy child acts up???

ksm

Had a good week or so with difficult child. Then last night, let easy child have a friend spend the night. They wanted to go to the movies, and friend said her mom sent a $20 with her so easy child and her could go to the movies. This morning... husband and I are missing a $20 from our stash. easy child admits to taking it... and her friend lied about where it came from. SO mad at both of them. easy child doesn't want me to tell the girls parents - as they use a belt for punishment.

easy child is remorseful... and I have taken away iPod, and she knows she is grounded for a week and her friend can't come over after school next week. Not sure what to do exactly about the friend. Even if I don't tell, I don't trust her or easy child much right now.

Trying how to have easy child work to pay back the funds... SO FRUSTRATED. THis all happened on our 8th anniversary of our adoption of the girls. I spent yesterday fixing their favorite meal, buying and giving gifts (as we usually do to celebrate adoption day) and then I feel like I got kicked in the gut. KSM

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
I love the title of your thread because that's exactly how it's been at our house. When one is in "a good place", the other one acts up. I feel like I'm being tag-teamed a lot of the time.

Personally, I would not allow friend in my house for a VERY long time and she would be on my "not approved friends" list. That could be HER punishment. easy child will know why and can easily be reminded and can then remind friend. I feel for you. It really sounds like easy child is very gullible, for lack of a better word. What I mean is that she can easily be talked into things she knows are not okay. I am so sorry you're dealing with this. (((HUGS)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
I do believe there must be a rule like that. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of this especially on such a special day. I agree with TeDo that I would not be allowing the friend over for a very long time!