I've been keeping something from all of you

Skylark Matrix

My job has changed a bit and I am a tutor for special needs children. Currently in my "care" are a high level autistic boy, a full blown Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) boy, an undiagnosed boy who won't speak unless I poke him (not literally, but I really have to coax any speach out of him) and a girl with no comprehension. Everyday I have to relive what I've already had for 25 years at home. I really am heartsick. I've applied for a different job, and would love it if those of you who pray would pray that God would give mercy to the hiring committee and allow me to work in a different area. I'm having a very difficult time with this.

envisablepuppet

I am so, so sorry. That's has to be really hard for you. Try to look at it this way. Because you have been there done that and have empathy for these conditions maybe you can offer them something special in their life's. I can't really think of any other words to offer you. Maybe it will just be for a short time.

Do your employers not know this may not be the best position for you?

I do understand your not wanting to work in that field tho. It has to be very difficult for you. I will pray for you to get a different job.

Sending out prayers that the hiring committee will consider you for another position. No doubt you understand these children much better than others will - but everyone needs variety in their life.

TerryJ2

I'm on your side, Skylark. You definitely deserve a new job. I've got everything crossed and I'm flinging fairy dust.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Saying prayers for a more "fitting" job....saying prayers you can hang on until that comes about too.....

scent of cedar

Adding my prayers for you too, skylark.

It must feel alot like it does when we have small children at home, and just ache to talk to an adult so we can regain perspective.

Wishing well!

Barbara

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Adding in my prayers too.

I'm sure they'll hate to loose you but everyone needs a break at times. You deserve a change.

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi Skylark,

I know what you mean. I worked with Special Education kids for 9 years. It's a great job and an important one, but it takes its toll after awhile.

Fingers crossed that the committee helps you match the right job for you.

Suz