Just for fun....when I grow up I.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fantasy time, ladies. I need to have some fun or at least read some fun ideas.

When I grow up I want to buy a Christmas tree farm. Put a small restaurant in the midst of the trees with homemade hot soups & hot drinks so people can warm up after choosing their trees. I'd have horse drawn sleighs for rides & transporting trees back to cars.
:elf:

If I can't do that, I want to be a back up singer for Pink Floyd.:guitarlove::singer:

If I can't do that, I want to learn how to install a new faucet.:help:

Last but not least, I want to take a sledge hammer & knock out at least one wall in this darned house. :wow::yes: I keep being told I can't do it because each wall I choose is a "load bearing" wall. I'm getting my brother up here so he can frame in the wall I'm going to knock down.

What are you going to do when you grow up???? Hmmmmm?????:bigsmile:

nvts

Ok Linda! I'll give you one and I'll list the rest later:

As of right now? I'd go straight to Grandmother and skip motherhood! As you can guess, the natives are VERY restless this morning - been up since 3 with the baby as husband played his video game until 4 a.m.

Ok, let me correct that: I'd skip all of it and be a great "willing to babysit" friend to someone!

When I grow up, I'd be footloose and fancy free (and as rich as Bill Gates). Money doesn't buy happiness that's true, but it sure takes the worry out of sadness! ;)

Beth

Andy

will invent shoes that don't tie. Yes, I know there are some out there buy mine will be cool looking and so awesome all those shoe lace making people will need new jobs.

I say this to my kids all the time, "When I grow up....." followed by whatever will solve the current problem.

There are so many things I want to do in life. Mostly have to do with volunteering at a pregnancy center, Habitat for Humanity (builds homes for people who can not afford them), more time helping in an elementary school, and travel.

Talking about volunteering: My 2nd graders whom I work with on Social Studies are going over working, jobs, goods, services, ect. One student asked why in the world would anyone want to work and not get paid. I pointed out that I was working with him and the other two kids and was not getting paid. He was very surprised that I didn't get paid for that time. I told him that I do it because I enjoy it.

My volunteering has given me the chance to be in charge of projects in ways my job never will. They have given me many opportunities to fine tune leadership skills which in turn does improve my job performance at work.

Also, when I grow up I want to be a key note speaker. I love sharing my ideas and teaching.

LittleDudesMom

When I grow up I want to be a stage actress....

If I can't be that, I want to own a B&B in Vermont.....

If I can't do that, I want a wealthy, European man's man to tell me when he sees me for the first time that I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen and the minute he saw me, his heart and soul knew I was the one he had been waiting for all his life. Naturally, he is extremely wealthy and fabulously good looking.

(being that my first two choices will probably never happen, my third choice is really my first)

Baroness Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The first thing that popped into my head was: I would buy a building that looked like an old victorian house. I'd clear out the bottom floor and make it into a bakery/cafe where I would make and sell homemade baked goods in the mornings, and serve soups and salads at lunchtime. It would have small cafe tables throughout for private seating and I would decorate it with local art and crafts that people can purchase if they like. I would have a shelf of home harvested herbs and spices as well as homemade jams and sauces. There would be a front southern exposure veranda for the warmer months where people can sit outdoors. I would be able to close up at 2PM and have the rest of the day free to plant and tend the flower beds that surround the veranda and entrance. I would be free to do other fun things all afternoon and evening! I would renovate the upstairs of this same building into a private residence with at least 3 bedrooms and a large balcony. It would back up to the river and be set away from it's neighbors so there was space for a yard and my pups.

The second thing that popped into my head was: I would own a little boutique down near the beach and sell seashells and local artisan creations, whether clothing or home decor. I would have a small area in the back of the shop to sell fine chocolates and candies. Nearby would be my small seaside beachhouse with a porch that opened up to the beach so I could watch beautiful sunrises while having my coffee each morning and sunsets with my evening meal.

And the last thing I thought of was: I would live in an upscale apartment in Chelsea, NYC and run a small book store; I would meet all sorts of fantastic authors who would, of course, do private readings for my loyal customers. I would dine at beautiful 5* restaurants with my very sophisticated friends...and we would vacation in the Hamptons. Hahahaha, this last one is really a joke, well, except for book store part. I would so totally love that.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hmmm....let's see.

When I grow up I want to:

Be Abbey from NCIS.

Open my own book store also. Mine too, would have fantabulous authors popping in for readings and book signings and I would have a huge collection of ARC's. (Advance reader/reviewer copies)

Be a best selling author with enough royalties that would allow me to build my dream house near a warm beach that never has hurricanes. I would actually have a compound so there would be room for my friends and (some) family to either live or visit. We would also travel the world as the notion hit and deadlines permitted. Of course, if I had a deadline, I could always write on the laptop and email it in to my publisher because I would be disciplined like that.

Invent the cure all for difficult child's. Or at least come up with something to help them live sucessfully but not like a Stepford child or anything. (And by sucessfully I mean so that they can live on their own, pay their bills, not have kids till an appropriate age/time, stay out of jail, off of drugs and appreciate their parents.)

Oh....and I want to be slender, in shape and have husband be the same.

Hmmmm.....this really IS fantasy isn't it? :rofl:

klmno

That was priceless, LDM!!

TL: You can have a beam put in so you can lose the wall, or at least a good portion of the wall. If you have a crawl space, they might need to do a little work in there under the posts that are holding the beam up.

I want to be independently wealthy- not because I don't want to work, but because I'm tired of worrying about how much money I'm making. I want to work doing things I want to do, even if I'm not getting paid.

I want to own a campground retreat in the mountains - near lakes and streams and good hiking places- on the eastern shores somewhere- and live there during the summer. I want to have a nice beach house on a southern island and live there during the winter and own a shop where crafts and supplies are sold (a mom and pop shop without "pop") .

I want to completely re-do this house and add on to it. I want to landscape my own yard and actually have the plants/flowers survive. I want to advocate for kids with issues and their families who have been fighting the system- like us here. I want to help take care of rescued animals. I want to fight to change the system. I want to do the career work that I'm in now, but I don't want to work for someone else, I want to work for myself and I know I won't have 40 hrs a week to put into it, because I'll be doing those other things, and some days I might want to sleep in.

I want to read and watercolor and travel to vaarious places in our country and to other countries, as well.

And last but not least, I want to pick out difficult child's wife- mainly because I want a couple of grandbabies, but not anytime soon, and I don't want to raise them, but I want to have time with them and have them visit me, and those babies need at least one level-headed parent. LOL!

I wonder if I'll still want a convertible, classic style jaguar. Hmmm... well just in case, let's throw that in there, too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I also want to be independently weathly. :D

I would open a homeless shelter for animals on a enormous farm. There would be vets, trainers, and a strict adoption policy.

I would open a homeless shelter for women with children. There would be tdocs to help them cope with the rough times and life coachs to get them back on their feet.

I would open free/low cost medical clinics on the poorest Indian reservations and have it manned with good docs year around. Those same reservations would find themselves supplied with clothing and school supplies that are so desperately needed.

And for me...........a nice solid cabin way far away in the woods. This cabin has working fireplaces, solar panels, a well, a cleared spot for a veggie garden.......A place where I could hide out from the human race whenever I felt the need. :D

There is probably more........but that's what came to mind this morning

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I want to own a campground retreat in the mountains - near lakes and streams and good hiking places- on the eastern shores somewhere- and live there during the summer. I want to have a nice beach house on a southern island and live there during the winter and own a shop where crafts and supplies are sold (a mom and pop shop without "pop") .

Klmo, This is my H's dream. I would introduce the two of you, but lately he's been a toad. LOL :tongue:

klmno

Thanks, JoG, but that's ok- you can keep him for yourself, toad or not. Notice I said that I want a mom and pop shop, without the pop!! (And I don't mean soda. LOL!)

ctmom05

My "when I grow up" thoughts are not quite as picturesque as Linda's, but I hope to be living to a small log house in the woods or perhaps by a lake, That first Autumn there is gonna be a beauty!

Sagegrad

I want to own a farm in VT and raise goats. I will make the best cheese around and sell it to the finest restaurants.

I want a stilt house on the beach with a hammock and when its time for supper I will cast a line and catch my dinner.

I want to own a classic car restoration business and get paid to restore beautiful antique autos.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I want to be independently wealthy too! I want to live on a beach in a warm climate surrounded with plenty of books :beach: Since I would be so wealthy, I would be able to fly to all of Michigan's home football games!

If I were independently wealthy, I would become an advocate for changing the laws for those with mental illness.

Since I'd be living on a beach I wouldn't need to do this but I would love to invent some sort of heating device to put under the driveway so that no one would ever have to shovel again. I'd some how find a way for it to be affordable to all.

Steely

I would like to be Maya Angelou.........

I would come visit all of your bookstores, because you know, I am Maya.;)
I would have enough money to find a cure for mental illness.........
And hopefully amazing amounts of wisdom that would answer all of my life problems and the millions of others that are in pain.

muttmeister

I'd like to own a bed and breakfast on near a Caribbean beach or on a Greek island.

If not that, I'd like to buy a farm and house abandoned dogs and spoil them and then find homes for them.

If not that, I'd like to write murder mysteries: I think a cross between Janet Evanovich and Jessica Fletcher would suit me just fine.

As it is, I'm retired, have remodeled my house to suit me (I can help with knocking out walls and installing faucets), I have time to read about 4 or 5 books a week, I have two dogs I love, a large yard with several gardens to potter in when the weather is nice, and life is not all that bad. Now, if only I could get Raul to come for a visit.....

KTMom91

I want a cute little beachfront cottage, with a huge front porch, so I can sit outside and read all day, stopping only to pet my dog or fill up my glass of iced tea.

I want to have some property in the country, with a big old farmhouse, and take in Jack Russells and find wonderful homes for them.

I want to have a bookstore on the main street of some little coastal town, with comfortable chairs scattered around, and a local coffee shop in one corner. No chain stores for me!

I'm seeing a pattern here...maybe some of us could work together on these dreams...

DDD

When I grow up I want to live in a peaceful townhouse with a huge kitchen. I will have "my people" to do all the cleaning, laundry and upkeep. "My people" will NOT :tongue: be related to me. In fact maybe they will all speak a foreign language and prefer to stay mute!

IF I ever get lonely ;) I'll use my huge kitchen to prepare great meals for my family ....who will kiss me sweetly as they leave and say "call me if you want anything". Oh yeah! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
When I grow up

I want to be a man - so I can continue to be a child.

(yup....thought of that one all on my own)

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Anybody wanna grow up now and buy my beautiful old house in Maine? Been on the market for 2 1/2 years, I would love to p**s the neighbors off with a herd of goats!

When I grow up I want to be a 5ft9, small breasted mezzo-soprano/prima ballerina/flamenco dancer with a fancy name like Francesca. I will speak Latin, Greek (both classical and modern), Portuguese, Spanish, Basque, Russian and Farsi (love Persian rugs!). All my children will love and honor my great wisdom and treat me with respect.

Actually, what I really want is to do some time travel and find myself some better parents...