Just in case you didn't know....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
my new therapist informed me today (after all the questionnaires she had me fill out & our initial appointment) that I'm in the "dangerous" level of stress; less so for depression.

I chuckled as she explained this to me ~ I just told her I have a wicked sense of humor & I found her need to explain somewhat ironic. She started laughing with me.

Now you know.....I'm stressed & depressed.

klmno

Did you have to pay for that assessment?

Well, can she help you with it?

Sorry- Im glad glad you could laugh about it though.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow. And she went to college for that degree?

Thank goodness SOMEBODY has figured things out for you, Linda! It's about time. Er. Lady. :tongue:

crazymama30

Huh. Well THAT must have been hard to figure out......not!!!!

My therapist told me one time that if she put my stress level on the richter scale I was at a 7. That was before husband's psychiatric hospital stay...I decided that week we went off the scale and leveled Asia.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well......gee......ya think???:tongue::faint: LOL Like DUH lady.

Good that you can laugh about it though.........Laughter is the best medicine, so they say.

At least therapist could crack up with you. Says alot about her. :D

Had the cardiologist say something to that affect after my heart attack. easy child had been talking to her......... cardiologist wanted me to reduce my stress, take it easy. I just laughed and told her no one wanted my job......so it was me or no one. doctor gave me the weirdest blank look, but had no come back to that one.:tongue:

graceupongrace

Well, yeah. :faint:

I'm thinking that anyone who needs to be on the board is stressed & depressed. That's part of living in difficult child-ville. If we weren't stressed and depressed about the circumstances we find ourselves in, they'd wonder what was wrong with us!

N

Nomad

Hmmmm

Well, that is one of the reasons I decided to go back to school....

I have been intrigued by some of my professors who are so clueless, I could get up out of my chair and get up in their face in a Major WAY.

by the way, you might be happy to know I had one professor basically say that all pathology was MOM'S fault. I did, as nice as I could, tell him to take a long walk off a short pier.

PLEASE do what you can to take care of you stress and depression. I sense you are taking those steps...just encouraging you to keep on keeping on and if needed, step it up when and where you can. (hugs).

Star*

call 911........call 911
L,

When in those critical times of MY life....with all that I've been through, and facing THOSE brilliant diagnoses - I've sat back, crossed one leg over the other, crossed my arms, lengthened myself in the chair, pulled my glasses to the end of my nose and very stoicly said "And how do YOU feel about that?"

:goodnight:

---YA THINK?????

lol

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ladies, I just cracked up. I sat there for 1.5 hours to hear what I already knew.

Saying that, it was the initial consult & this woman didn't know me from Adam so I need to give her a break. AND she needs to hit the ground running dealing with me.

Her first concern is kt coming home in January & my strategy for that. She considers me a vulnerable adult - kt a not so typical teen with verbal & some physical aggression. She pointed out that I suffered domestic abuse, not from husband, but from my children. That concerns her as kt is getting older.

A vulnerable adult - aren't those 80 y/o stroke victims? Ick.

klmno

That sounds a lot like what I heard from my therapist that I went to to ask what I should do about difficult child before he pulled the knife on me. She told me we needed to get him in a secure environment and get family therapy before he returns home. Now to just get the current therapist to work on anything other than a behavior contract so he can come home.....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Linda--

I, for one, am SHOCKED to hear that you are stressed (NOT!!!!).

Who woulda thunk?

Good thing you have that new therapist, Dr. Obvious, she sounds very perceptive.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you could laugh. It is often hard to see a new patient who has had so much involvement with the psychiatry/ology professions. Often the patient is 10 steps ahead of the therapist and they have to take a few visits to get in synch.

I think she is probably right about the domestic abuse. I was also a victim of domestic abuse from my child. It is just horrible.

I hope she can access some services to help and protect you when kt comes home. YOU need services also.

As for being a vulnerable adult and not being a frail 80 year old lady, well, welcome to the club.

husband came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me not to drive for a while. I have been having some vision problems and get tired so suddenly that I just sort of fade out.

It was really really hard for him to do that. I am just barely 40. But he was RIGHT.

I had fallen asleep while sitting on the toilet the night before. He walked by and heard me SNORING loud enough to shake the rafters. He got me to wake up and finish and go to bed, but it was a wake up call (pun intended!) for both of us.

Sometimes our bodies just put us in groups we don't want to join.

I am sorry that you are in this group, but we are fun to be around. If you ask us questions while we are sleeping we will say almost anything!!!

klmno

Yeah- aren't we the ones walking in to the therapist telling THEM that we are stressed and depressed? Do they really think we need them to tell us that? LOL!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's bad when you ask your mother for advice on issues she's still not dealing with at her age.

I've been having a really bad fibromyalgia flareup for the last week or so. I hurt all over, have the GI symptoms...and let's just say you don't want to mix fibro-fog with Depakote fog.

I'm so lost in the sauce it isn't even funny. Don't feel up to being up and around but can't be comfortable if I try to lay down.

Ick!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Morbidly funny. husband and I were bff with a woman (I still am) who has MS and fibro. I have fibro and MI problems and medications. husband had about the worst ADD I've ever seen.

We used to joke about having to shuffle around and ration out the three remaining brain cells we had between us.

About a week after husband died, B and I were talking and she said, "We are in deep doo-doo now".

I asked her what she meant and she said, "I think the little b---stard took TWO of the brain cells with him!"\

Talk about laughing through your tears.