Kanga's on run

JJJ

Kanga took off again. She got mad for getting in trouble for breaking a house rule. It was a minor so her punishment would have been minimal. Of course, going on run is a major so lots more trouble. She's so delusional about being ready for TLP. We have her mental health review and her IEP coming up in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure she'll be mad that this will be talked about at the meetings but better to happen now so it can be addressed at the meetings.

JJJ

What is so nice about this placement is that they actually look for the kids. Last time she went on run, several 'off duty' staff hopped in their cars and joined the search as volunteers. She should be pretty safe, it isn't that big a town and the cops have a BOLO on her plus staff driving around. If she isn't found by morning I'll have them ask her church to announce at services that she is missing and then they will all be watching for her too.

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ - On the upside, she's stayed put for a while. I also am *very* impressed with- how Residential Treatment Center (RTC) handles AWOLs.

I can only imagine how concerned you are about TLP, but time is running out. If not now, then when? I worry about her walking at the magic age of 18, with not much in terms of life skills and experience under her belt. (My opinion is very colored by past history.)

Hope she's found quickly.

Gentle hugs.

JJJ

JJJ - On the upside, she's stayed put for a while. I also am *very* impressed with- how Residential Treatment Center (RTC) handles AWOLs.

I can only imagine how concerned you are about TLP, but time is running out. If not now, then when? I worry about her walking at the magic age of 18, with not much in terms of life skills and experience under her belt. (My opinion is very colored by past history.)

Hope she's found quickly.

Gentle hugs.

Oh, I agree. I told them to move her to TLP whenever they want. It is only across the parking lot :) TLP is better than having her leave treatment. But she has to meet their basic requirements to move and running away is not one of them.

slsh

member since 1999
Ahhh.... I get it. Sigh.... self-sabotage possibly? or that perpetually optimistic child who just knows she will win/get her way on her terms one of these days, if she can just wait everyone out? Sigh again.

Hang in there.

JJJ

Ahhh.... I get it. Sigh.... self-sabotage possibly? or that perpetually optimistic child who just knows she will win/get her way on her terms one of these days, if she can just wait everyone out? Sigh again.

Hang in there.

Likely a bit of both. She really does not get why she shouldn't be able to do whatever she wants. I would bet everything I own that even a couple of stints in jail won't convince her that she isn't the boss of the world. If she's lucky, she'll get picked up tonight before she breaks the law.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope they find her before she breaks the law. I am impressed that the off duty staff will look for her! At least she isn't close enough to show up at your home or near her siblings at school when she runs. that is a blessing.

(((((hugs))))) She is going to have a hard and probably confusing to her life as an adult - wondering why the police are so mean and won't let her do this or that. At least it will hopefully not be your problem then.

Mattsmom277

As a former teen difficult child and runner, I know well the art of self sabotage.

I'm glad to know real efforts are in place to try to locate her. I hope she's back where she needs to be ASAP. :(

buddy

JJJ:521837 said:
She really does not get why she shouldn't be able to do whatever she wants. I would bet everything I own that even a couple of stints in jail won't convince her that she isn't the boss of the world. .
I think the same here. It's really scary to me as he works harder and harder to gain that control thru acting tough. People are not going to understand the disability part
. It's hard to treat and hard to protect them.

I'm sorry for her. Hope they find her and you can at least know she is safe. Hugs to you.

JJJ

I hope they find her before she breaks the law. I am impressed that the off duty staff will look for her! At least she isn't close enough to show up at your home or near her siblings at school when she runs. that is a blessing.

If she was closer, we'd have had to take the kids elsewhere. In fact, if she is still missing tonight, we may give the police a heads up.

JJJ

The staff had to stop searching last night but the cops kept a lookout. This is now the longest she's ever been gone. I need to check with the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) but based on when she ran, I don't think she got her medications. She going to have wicked withdrawals soon if she doesn't get back to her medications.

slsh

member since 1999
Morning JJJ - sorry they haven't found her yet. I was wondering about medications last nite. Nothing to be done for it... and sigh again. It was chilly last nite - wonder if she's found someone who is letting her stay with- them.

Probably not a bad idea to let the other kids' schools know that she's not to have contact. I know it sounds over the top, but that was always part of our safety plan when thank you was off doing his thing.

Hope you'll get some news this a.m.

JJJ

Probably not a bad idea to let the other kids' schools know that she's not to have contact. I know it sounds over the top, but that was always part of our safety plan when thank you was off doing his thing.

They only have a short day today and then they are on spring break. If she doesn't turn up by the end of break, I will be talking to the schools. Thankfully, she does not know where Tigger goes to school (he's not at the home school), it's 50/50 if she knows where Piglet goes but she knows where Eeyore goes and with it being a high school, their security isn't very tight, she could easily just walk in as part of the morning flood of students.

StressedM0mma

JJJ, I hope they find Kanga soon. Esp. iff she didn't get her medications last night. Glad that the kids are on break after today. Hopefully they can find her today before she does something stupid.

B

Bunny

Did they find her? I'm really impressed with the lengths that they go through to find her.

What is TLP?