kllmno...how's the move going?

DDD

Seems like you should be getting ready or in the process. Curious if all is going smoothy. DDD

klmno

Well, it's not going as planned and I've been a tad groutchy over it all- have you noticed?

I had movers get the bulk of it on Sat. and that part went well. Then, I found that in this townhouse, the valve for the water to the washing machine leaks so badly it leaves a puddle on the floor just turning it on long enough to do one load of wash. The dryer was so loud you could hear it in every room in the townhouse and the temperature/dry sensor doesn't work. The refrigerator/freezer doesn't work at all. The shower head fell off, I put it back, but it only hung straight down, limp. I didn't have time to deal with it all Sunday morning because I had to move more stuff, clean a little at the old place, and shop for necessaties- oh, and put air in my tire to buy time on that problem. I emailed the landlord Sun. evening though to tell him all this. Yesterday, I was trying to get the "old" place finished while working around scheduled flea treatment and chimney cleaning. I didn't get it finished- the landlord here at (TH) wanted to come by, which was good that he was jumping on the problem but not good that I can't seem to get finished at the other place. He looked at all my problem appliances, etc, switched out the shower head to a nice one I bought and told me he'd have neccessary appliances here tomorrow (today). So I took off work today, had walmart check my tire while I shopped for more cleaning supplies, went to old house to clean oven, came back to TH where I am now to find a "new" used refrigerator and range out front- landlaord had called and asked that I meet him here at noon so he can take care of this. I hope he plans on taking care of the washer and dryer this trip, too. Otherwise, I don't know how I'm going to get the other place finished/ready for "inspection" and go to Costco, since walmart can't help my tire.

Thanks for asking and I apologize for being groutchy and snappy right now. I'm watching what little accrued time off from I have go down the tubes for nothing but at least this landlord is reasonable. He had someone managing this prop[erty for him but fired her because she wasn't doing a good job-= I guess he didn't think to check everything himself before renting it out instead of taking her word that it all worked.

DDD

Take a deep breath and remember "tomorrow is another day". Hope it's a better one. Hugs. DDD

klmno

Thanks- I tried to get it all done today but probably have 1 1/2-2 hrs of work left. Remember my lease- "windows are to be cleaned" or I can get charged something like $40 per window. It made me feel like not even bothering with cleaning this place but I'm not like that and I figured if they do pursue trying to keep my deposit or go after more than that, I want some evidence that I left this place just like it was turned over to me, with the exception of one rug that's shot (it was used) and a few additional wear & tear areas on the wood floors- nothing major, just where a lamp had set and the most commonly used paths. There were some of those areas on the floor when I moved in. I cleaned the oven a second time, wiped everything down- baseboards, kitchen cabinets, blinds, etc, cleaned windows, cleaned bathroom, and mopped/polished all the floor except 1 1/2 rooms. I have that left to do, clean the refrigerator, sweep the utility room out, take the garbage out, and load up cleaning supplies and a lamp. I couldn't do the refrigerator until making a trip back to the TH after getting a working fridge, unless I wanted to throw all that food out.

Now, I need to find everything I need to make it to work in the morning. LOL! I have some make-up somewhere.

InsaneCdn

I have some make-up somewhere.
Since when is that a requirement for going to work??

Clean professional clothes, and personal hygene products... and a comb/brush/related for your hair. And your toothbrush.