knock on wood

saving grace

Well it has been going pretty well for a while now, D has only failed one drug test since March, I am pretty proud of that.

So he has been working 2 jobs, he uses my car for the night job and is home with it by the time I have to go to work in the morning, I always say make sure you put gas in it and he says yea yea, and lately he teases me about the gas telling me that I am using all the gas and not putting any in.

Well he left a bit ago and next thing I know the phone rings and its his girlfriend and right away I say whats wrong? she says oh nothing I just needed to tell you something, and I am thinking oh NO she's pregnant and she says its not bad its good its about you and I said oh ok whats up and she said D was getting gas and said to me that he likes putting gas in your car and the girlfriend said why's that? and he said because I used to be a real jerk with her car and she doesnt think I appreciate the things she does but I do, so I like that I can put gas in for her. she said thats good D and he said Yeah I really regret alot of stuff I used to do!!!!!! Sniff Sniff I said are you sure he said all of that just like that and she said yup and I knew it would make you feel good so I thought I would tell you but dont tell him I did ok.

Just for today I am letting my gaurd down, Yeah for him!

He has also been saying that he wants to do somethng for the 4th of July because he cant remember the last time he did anything for the 4th. I was thinking of how normal that sounded. He has been high for as many 4ths as I can count back to, so this would be nice if he just did somehting fun for once.

Oh and he has been aggravated and avoiding one of his friends because the friend is lazy and wont find a job!! hahaha he said I am sick of him sponging off of me. I work too hard to buy his cigarettes.

Grace

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #003300"> what a lovely, positive post & how nice of girlfriend to make a special call to tell you that.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

amstrong

I so loved reading this. Good for difficult child and great that girlfriend thought you should know. I know the smile on our face will be there for a while. Bask in it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How thoughtful of girlfriend to realize that you needed to hear that. What a wonderful thing for her to do for you.

Sounds like difficult child is making positive moves forward. :grin:

Ally

What a nice thing for her to do. Its nice to realize that maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

KFld

What a wonderful update. I am so happy for you and your difficult child. It's those little comments that tell you they are really making progress, even if you have to hear them through somebody else. :smile:

STILLjustamom

This was so nice to read. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that are the best...and it takes maturity to realize that.
Time for some hot dogs, fireworks and swimming....or anything fun. Good clean fun. :smile:

saving grace

Exactly "good clean fun" maybe some frisbee or just lying on a blanket relaxing waiting for fireworks, D hasnt been able to do that in years. We used to lie on the blanket waiting for the fireworks and he would hold my hand and we would share a pillow. He did that until he was about 13 or 14, like it was just him and I and and no one else was there even though there were thousands around. Oh what I would give....

Grace

Sunlight

grace, I am so joyful at your post! I am glad D is choosing a better life for himself. Ant too is longing to celebrate the 4th with me and my family this year. we start tonight! lots of gatherings and food, family fun. ant has not been with Kaleb on the 4th ever and it is Kaleb's 4th Fourth! ant was in jail all the others.

so a truly good time to celebrate independence-theirs from their old selves and ours from the life they pulled us into! well, at least for today! :smile:

saving grace

Thank you everyone, Janet <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so a truly good time to celebrate independence-theirs from their old selves and ours from the life they pulled us into! well, at least for today! </div></div>

That is so true, even if it is just for today.

hearthope

What a thoughtful girlfriend! Thanks for sharing your great news.

It really gives us all hope!

I hope you all have a wonderful 4TH!

Traci

redl8ebug

I am new and was reading your post - it made me cry! I guess because I wish my 18 y/o son thought the same about me.

That is a really nice thing for a mom to hear! If they only knew!