LAST WEEK FOR CHRISTMAS CARD LIST-Update at end

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi everyone -

Seems like this was yesterday - but now I will be closing the list on Saturday November 17, 2007.

I'm doing the closing then so I can have plenty of time to get my cards out, get the lists printed up and out - and so that you can get your cards early enough to reciprocate to the US Soldiers.

trinityroyal

Star, I am so excited about the Christmas Card list.
I've already picked out cards, laid in stamps, and I just can't wait. Thanks for organizing this.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love doing this very much! You are very very welcome.

HAS ANYONE gotten an address or suggestion of a board member who would benefit from the joy of receiving cards from everyone on the list that can't mail any back?

We are enclosing the address of "any soldier" for those of you who want to thank an soldier, which if you ask me they don't get enough thanks.

Anyone?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Karen,

PM me with

First, Last Name or just Karen
Address
Town, State, Zip
(Kfld)

Some people didn't want to give their real names, last names or board names - however you want to do it is fine.

Star*

call 911........call 911
UPDATE:

There are 23 maybe 24 : Domestic (US names)
There are 3: Canadian names
There is 1 Recovering American Soldier (Or you can find the Canadian recovering soldier address - if you are Canadian I didn't find it)

OH BOY HAS THIS BEEN FUN THIS YEAR - THANK YOU ALL!

trinityroyal

Another thing I just thought of, for any of you who are in Canada and have little ones. Your child can write a letter to Santa and send it to the following address:

Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0

And your child will receive a letter back from Santa. I'm not sure whether the U.S. Postal Service does this as well. Little easy child and I did this last year...he was stunned to get a real letter back from Santa in response to his Christmas list. Melted my heart.

All the best,
Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhh

There are NO cards to a recovering soldier folks -

(thanks to our wonderful kitty duck avatar poster can you tell I am not good with names?) Sorry

It turns out this is true - they won't take them.

Any one else?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Donna -

So far 3 Canadian x (about $1.00)
24 domestic x (.43) $10.32

The US is NOT accepting cards that are labeled any soldier so we aren't doing that - I am still looking for someone who maybe you think is a little down this season and can't send out cards but would benefit from getting them.

C

tiredmommy

How about we each pledge to call our local nursing home or VA hospital and ask for the name of a retired serviceman that could really use a card and a visit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhh

There are NO cards to a recovering soldier folks -

(thanks to our wonderful kitty duck avatar poster can you tell I am not good with names?) Sorry

It turns out this is true - they won't take them.

Any one else? </div></div>
that's ok i'm new and i don't know any of yalls names yet when someone uses a name in a post i have to go look for it so i can kinda put it with the other posts i've read from that person so don't worry about it but the names Christal of course these days i pretty much answer to anything but mommy lol

you should also consider ophanages sp? me and chris go to atleast one nursing home with the front of a card we received last year that Chris has drawn a picture on or I have written a verse on I attatch a mini candy cane to each and we hand deliver these you would think we gave these men & women a million dollars by the looks on their faces one year my mom worked at a nursing home and between the two of us we bought every resident there (200) a gift we gave the men a pair of socks, T-shirt & candy cane but they didn't care what they got they were just glad to get something sometimes these men & women don't get anything all year so just keep that in mind i know how important it is to support our veterans but let's not forget about the citizens who have also fought for our rights ex. the right to vote, the right to sit anywhere we want, & so much more to me all of them are heroes anyway i have just ran my mouth way too much so thank you for listening and don't worry about the name i'm sure i'll be asking for lots of advice as the years go by

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ummmm :nonono: I guess they are .41 cents SORRY - under a little bit of stress lately -

You are correct they are .41 the other was just my .02 haha

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay family -

This is the last week to get on the list. By Tomorrow night I will finalize it, and start working on getting cards in the mail by the following week end.

We are not able to do the any soldier card - believe it or not due to terrorism the us govt will not give cards out to just anyone. So I'm just asking that you pick a local nursing home out of your phone book or go there - and drop off a card.

I cant' imagine being 90 and all my family gone - and not getting a Christmas card. I hate to be lonely.

So far there are 29 (maybe 30) on the list. Postage IS .41 cents in the US and around $1.00 for our 3 canadians on the list!!

OHHHHHHH IF you are disabled in any way and it would be of help for me to run you a batch of lables - please let me know. I can't afford to do it for everyone this year like in years past - but if you think this will be of help - let me know. I have RA - but I'm pretty good now and don't mind helping someone who can't type a ton.

Hugs
Star

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have the list done -

There are 26 United States
There are 3 Canadian

For everyone participating - Thank you - Here is hoping it will be a fantastic holiday season filled with many joyous times and happy moments when you get your mail from everyone!

I should be mailing out the list in my cards - Around the 23rd of Nov.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Again, thanks for helping and making this a success again.</span>
:sled:

Star*

call 911........call 911
ahem - a diamond is merely a lump of coal compressed to the point that it either becomes dust or a gem - I've had a LOT of compression being the Mother of a difficult child!

You're welcome!