Let's talk about The Closer

F

flutterbee

So, do you think Fritz will leave Brenda?

I have to say that I'm really disappointed that tv still cannot portray a woman in a high-level position without making her into something conniving and selfish.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't get to see it until it comes out on DVD. We don't get any channel that has it. I only have the first 2 seasons.

Are they breaking up? What did she do? She seems to be highly focused on her work, and not really clear on what relationships mean and involve. Pope doesn't help, nor does her decidedly Southern sense of boundaries (relationships with mom and dad, etc... are more typically southern in portrayal).

I wish I got that show.

F

flutterbee

Susie, I think you can watch full episodes online...so if you have high-speed internet....

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Well, I think Brenda was conniving and selfish. Not only did she lie to Fritz about the stake-out, she convinced the perp not to make a deal with the FBI. Furthermore, she tried to weasel out of the lie she told, the old "you didn't ask" baloney. Fritz was right, she was only worried about closing her case. I think he was totally justified in his anger.

Peace

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Boy, Fritz was giving her the black book and Brenda just screeded him ........job before Fritz=breakup........
wondered how long they would go before she would be back on the market again??????
How many times have you thought about pulling the chocolate out of the wastebasket you've just thrown it into.....reality moment?

susiestar

Roll With It
Who throws chocolate in the trash unless it has gone seriously bad???? Another reality check, in my opinion.

Thanks for the link, I will get caught up later.

F

flutterbee

I was so upset with Brenda that I almost didn't watch the rest of the show. But, I did of course because I had to see if she was going to end up doing the right thing. Which, she didn't. And now I'll have to watch to see what Fritz does. If he doesn't break up with her I might have to smack him. I mean, where's the trust after that???

I'm just upset that we still can't have a strong woman in a lead role who doesn't end up being conniving and selfish. She can be strong, determined and ambitious without being deceitful...especially to those most important to her.

However, I did really like how she handled the situation with Gabriel. When Gabriel said that Daniels should be transferred and she turned it around on him. That was priceless. Bet he didn't see that one coming.

Oh....and the two guys eating popcorn watching and listening to Gabriel and Daniels duke it out in the interview room!!! That was hilarious.

witzend

I think he will leave, but it is early in the season and I hope that they will work it out. I agree that she was conniving and selfish, but he's always known that. I guess the bloom is off the rose...