Lost another..

wakeupcall

Failure to thrive...yep, that about sums it up. My 20-year-old son has never held a job (parttime) for more than a month. The most recent lasted three weeks, was fired on Monday. He thinks it's no big deal. I'm horrified. Mostly, he just quits going. Would rather sun on the beach with his friends and girlfriend of the week. I'm at a loss as to what to say to him over and over. He lives with his father a few miles away and his father is about to retire. I told son he's NOT living with me when his father retires and moves to another state. How is he going to live? I certainly don't have the money to "raise" him any longer. I worry incessantly over what will happen to him...and at a loss as to what to do. I see him very little and hate to nag when I do, but this has got to stop.

pasajes4

It's his call. He can choose to fail at life or he can change things. You made your position clear to him. I finally understand that my "nagging" has little to do with my son. I am nagging for my own benefit so that I know he knows I mean what I say. He could care less. The more I repeat it the less effective it becomes. Just my 2 cents

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... Yeah. You can nag yourself silly, or you can just let natural consequences take over. Since you don't see him very much, just enjoy what you can... And when Daddy retires, natural consequences kick in. You can only make them do what they are willing to...