Lunar Eclipse and my cat

newstart

Hello and thank you all for past encouragement and advice. My 40 year old daughter does ok at times and then not ok. She is still off/on with toxic boyfriend now age 47. How can a couple be that age and still do so many immature things?.. It is horrible. My daughter has had a few ok months meaning she has paid her bills and held a job.
My only sister died from breast cancer a week ago. I have been in shock and deeply sad.
My daughter's idea was for her to come over and watch the entire lunar eclipse with me, she even texted me the lunar schedule. At 2 A.M. I got out the sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, snacks and thought we were going to watch the eclipse since she was so excited about it and even said 'mom lets have a lunar party'. My husband was tired and not interested in viewing the lunar eclipse so it would just be her and me. At 2 A.M. I texted my daughter and told her that there are no clouds out and the view would be perfect. In my back yard I have the most perfect view. I unlocked the back gate so she could come in. I laid there on the sleeping bags waiting for her to come. She never showed up. I texted her around 5:15 AM and then she texted back saying she woke up thought she saw some clouds and went back to sleep. She knows how deeply I was grieving over my sister.. My cat stayed with me in the sleeping bags purring and looking at the eclipse with me. How can such a little creature give so much comfort and love. Saved by my cat again! I got to watch Gods presentation of a lunar eclipse.

Nandina

My deepest sympathies on the death of your sister, Newstart. And I hope that your daughter will have more ok times with you and in the future, be able to follow through. Hugs to you.

Copabanana

I am so sorry about the death of your sister.
My cat stayed with me in the sleeping bags purring and looking at the eclipse with me. How can such a little creature give so much comfort and love. Saved by my cat again! I got to watch Gods presentation of a lunar eclipse.
This is so beautiful, newstart.
I am glad you came back to us.

newstart

Thank you all for your kindness, compassion, care and understanding. It has been a rough road as many of you understand. I was in Albuquerque for a while, such a beautiful city. The one thing that really bothered me about it was the open drug use. I saw people on the street corners shooting drugs, snorting and selling. I was horrified to see them do that and not care that the cops or anyone else can see it. It disturbs me that children are seeing this. I am horrified that they are doing this to their own bodies. I also know that drugs are out of hand in all cities but I never saw so much in your face drug use. That little cabin in the woods far away from everyone and anything is looking better and better to me. That is how my dad lived and I don't blame him a bit. He would say to me that he did not even want a phone and I am feeling the same way. Thank you Copa for your message 'I am glad you came back to us' warmed my heart also the compassion over my sister's death. Thank you KTmom91, Nandina, BusyNMember, Blightly, and Newksm for your support and compassion. Now I have to navigate my life through my sisters death, my daughter's on going bizarre behavior, our neighbors bizarre behavior plus my brother's health is not good. And in the midst of all this I have my wonderful stray black cat. He has an overbite, been bitten twice by a snake, does not have good balance, cross eyed, walks with a limp has a weird gurgle sound when he meows and is very picky what kind of food he will eat. He is the love of my life.

mom58

Hello and thank you all for past encouragement and advice. My 40 year old daughter does ok at times and then not ok. She is still off/on with toxic boyfriend now age 47. How can a couple be that age and still do so many immature things?.. It is horrible. My daughter has had a few ok months meaning she has paid her bills and held a job.
My only sister died from breast cancer a week ago. I have been in shock and deeply sad.
My daughter's idea was for her to come over and watch the entire lunar eclipse with me, she even texted me the lunar schedule. At 2 A.M. I got out the sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, snacks and thought we were going to watch the eclipse since she was so excited about it and even said 'mom lets have a lunar party'. My husband was tired and not interested in viewing the lunar eclipse so it would just be her and me. At 2 A.M. I texted my daughter and told her that there are no clouds out and the view would be perfect. In my back yard I have the most perfect view. I unlocked the back gate so she could come in. I laid there on the sleeping bags waiting for her to come. She never showed up. I texted her around 5:15 AM and then she texted back saying she woke up thought she saw some clouds and went back to sleep. She knows how deeply I was grieving over my sister.. My cat stayed with me in the sleeping bags purring and looking at the eclipse with me. How can such a little creature give so much comfort and love. Saved by my cat again! I got to watch Gods presentation of a lunar eclipse.
sorry, dear one over the loss of your sister, my greatest sympathy. Glad you had your fur baby to keep you company :) They are so wonderful at giving us comfort.

newstart

sorry, dear one over the loss of your sister, my greatest sympathy. Glad you had your fur baby to keep you company :) They are so wonderful at giving us comfort.
Thank you brokenmom58 for your compassion and sympathy. Yes, the fur babies are just so wonderful. I wish you much peace on your journey.

mom58

So sorry for the loss of your dear sister. And yes our fur friends we can count on for comfort. People will disappoint I know I currently disappoint people as I am having some health issues that cause fatigue. Seems visiting just wears me out. I am better at home with my sweet fur babies. I know they do not understand and some have even stopped inviting me. My son is in jail soon to be sent to prison for 18 months. Not his first trip down this road. Meth got him there. That works on my mental health.
And now my brother is sick. Doctors are still trying to figure out sudden diabetes that goes high then low. {Plus he is anemic, THey found a mass on his pancreas. He was to see Surgeon on the 12th concerning the mass. Today is his 4th trip to ER.
That would be a 1 1/2 hour drive for me to go see him on busy interstates. I live in mountains and am not used to city driving. I feel Guilty for not going. Thinking my brother is not handling this feeling badly as he never got sick. And I do mean never.
My advice is never to visit ER, my last trip to one I was told to go home not sick enough to be there. Well ok, spent the next week throwing up and Diarrhea. I lost 40 pounds in a week. Unknown rash along with all that which cleared up and went away. The doctor did not even touch me at the ER. I have health insurance by the way. Will never go to ER I see no point in it. Again hang in there Grief is a tricky bunch of emotions to work through. Have had many loved one pass over. God bless you.

newstart

Brokenmom58, I am sorry about your brother. You can always facetime him on your phone and it is like being there. My brother is not well either so I understand how stressful that can be. I pray that when your son gets to prison, he will take the right classes and get the right medical help for his problems. God Bless you and hold your broken heart.

JMom

Newstart,

Sorry to hear about your sister. I wouldn't be able to cope without my cat. I do not know how they offer so much comfort, but they do! My husband and daughters are into star gazing, eclipses, and the like. I wish she had shown up, you were excited to see her and have that wholesome moment. Another opportunity will come around again!

HUGS!
JMOM

newstart

Thank you Jmom and it was great to see you post again. Yes, the magical cat and the comfort they give. Thank you for your compassion for my sister. It's been a rough journey. It's been almost 6 months and I feel a bit better, the depression is better for sure. I hope and pray things are good at your end.

JMom

Thank you Jmom and it was great to see you post again. Yes, the magical cat and the comfort they give. Thank you for your compassion for my sister. It's been a rough journey. It's been almost 6 months and I feel a bit better, the depression is better for sure. I hope and pray things are good at your end.
Thank you, J is off the wagon, but I am hanging in! I haz cat!