Magistrate called back the next day

Nancy

The magistrate in difficult child's case called difficult child's attorney the day after her court hearing and told him that the judge agreed to have the case heard and submitted. This means that if she stays out of trouble between now and Sept 3 when we go back, the case will be dismissed as if it never happened. This is a huge relief since it means she will not have a record in juvenile court.

I hope that difficult child understands what a great result this is, husband told her but whether it makes an impression is yet to be seen. The good thing is that since we have to reappear on Sept 3, she will have to be on good behavior over the summer.

Nancy

klmno

It sounds like she got a good deal. She is old enough to understand - I hope she handles this sort of thing better than my difficult child has!

Allan-Matlem

Great news,
in my humble opinion is not about being on good behavior to avoid consequences , but more of difficult child reflecting of what type of person she wants to become , what values does she want to express , her own self respect/ self esteem = I would never do such a thing, who are the people she wants to mix with and make her friends , will she be developing positive relationships ,does she want to make a contribution - I remember the horse therapy , be caring and responsible . Who will she choose as a role model , maybe a mentor , or some positive young adults could become her cheerleader . When she needs support or makes a mistake and we all make mistakes who will she go to , to help her do restitution. Is there a plan in place so she becomes competent and successful.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers in her direction
Allan

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It is so important that she stay on the right side of the law.....there is little relalization at her age of how a criminal record can affect the rest of her life.......even if it is in juvenile court. Hope she stays on the straight and narrow.

Christy

Sounds like great news. I hope your daughter understands that she has been given a break and takes avantage of it. This could be a positive turning point for her.

Best wishes,
Christy

Penta

Allen-Matlem offers some very wise words. The self reflection is the biggest part of the journey for your daughter. It wasn't until my girl had an awakening that she was able to reflect about her self destructive behavior. Now she is constantly looking at herself, her goals and the way to reach them.

It takes time and patience on everyone's part.