March: In like a LION

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I was looking forward to March. (damn is it march already???)

But winter is not done with us yet........even though we're teetering on breaking the record for snow fall in a single season.

New storm is due to hit I believe tomorrow at some point. They keep changing it and each time they change it....it only gets worse. At least this time I'll be snug as a bug at home instead of at work when it hits. And from here I can view streets/conditions and judge if it is worth the risk to go to work.

Last I checked our predictions are starting at 6 inches, which is sort of making me uneasy as I know local weathermen lean toward caution when it comes to amounts. When they say a firm 6 in of snow to start with, I get nervous. This is not counting the freezing rain/sleet. blech

I just ran out and picked up the dogs some rawhides and some ibuprofen and a few comfort foods. I didn't actually "need" anything. But if it is really messy the dogs can't go out and play and boredom leads Rufus into troubles. The rawhides gives him something to do when Maggie won't play with him.

I have plenty of ice melt and kitty litter and emergency supplies. So I'm set.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over winter and snow and ice and sleet. ugh Unfortunately reports I'm seeing has us in this pattern for much of March unless something shifts the jet stream.

tiredmommy

We were driving up by south shore of Lake Ontario today and the sheer amount of ice along the shore is incredible. It's going to be an ice box that keeps our temps down until at least June, especially when all the ice from Lake Erie makes it way up the Niagara River to Lake Ontario. As a matter of fact, Niagara Falls has an ice bridge formed at its base. :(

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The only reason I am enjoying this winter is the number of paid days off I am getting to spend with my family. Otherwise, ugh. Soooo over this cold stuff. My electric bill was astronomical.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We have a nice thick layer of ice building up on every surface. I ice skated to take the dogs out.........and they ice skated to do their business. Neither had any interest in staying out longer than necessary. Midnight, oddly enough, seemed to know the storm was on it's way. She has been at war with me to get inside since yesterday morning. She wasn't taking no for an answer when I took the dogs out. I'll have to set her litter box up for her again. ugh I can't blame her much it's nasty out there.

I do still have ice melt and I'll be using it after coffee. But I wish the darn snow would hurry up already before we have enough ice to knock out power.......especially once the weight of heavy snow adds to it.

I'll be tackling laundry, dishes and cleaning that is a pain to do without power, so should we lose it those things will already be done. I'll be pulling out the oil lamps and battery lanterns and making sure they're ready and in position. My heater buddy will be on stand by, ready to go.

Main roads at the moment are ok. Getting to them would be very interesting........given you got through the ice to get into your car. Mine is under a sheet of ice again.

muttmeister

I think we're actually BELOW average for the amount of snow we've had this winter but it has been extremely cold. They're saying our high today will be 3. Average this time of year is 40 or so. I may set a new record. I'M READY FOR SPRING!!! but we are supposed to get snow several days this week. Ugh!