mascara...how to get off 3yr old?

DammitJanet

Keyana got into Mandy's black either mascara or eyeliner and "put makeup on." I cant tell if its the waterproof mascara or that eyeliner that almost looks like a paint. It doesnt just wash off with a rag. Obviously she has seen her momma put on eye makeup because she went straight for her eyes...lol. She has these black marks all over her eyes.

I have to get it off by noon because Mommy is coming to pick her up then.

I dont wear makeup so I have no clue and nothing here I can think of to use.

Ugh...girls!

graceupongrace

Cetaphil cleanser is great. Very gentle. You usually can find a travel size at the pharmacy, so you won't have to buy a big container.

Good luck!

Marguerite

Oil should work - I use cooking oil as make-up remover, as skin moisturiser, as general cleanser/skin conditioner. Great for cradle cap too.

It reminds me of when easy child 2/difficult child 2 was that age. She made up her face too - only she didn't use my make-up, she a packet felt pens. They were solvent-based so it didn't wash off in the bath, either. She had pink on her cheeks (in big cirlces like a dolly), she had blue scribble on her eyelids, she had drawn on black lashes in sunray lines round her eyes (dolly fashion again)and used a red pen to colour in her lips.

I took a photo. Unfortunately, that roll of film got lost in the mail, I never saw the developed photo. Pre-digital days...

It took over a week before those black eyelashes wore off. The other 'make-up' came off with oil and time.

All I can hope is that she has a daughter who does that to her...

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Other than the pre-moistened make-up remover cloths, I don't have any other suggestions than what people have already said.

But....

I too REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you got pictures!!!!! :rofl:

Marg....my neighbor's 3 year old did that once with markers. More specifically, a PURPLE marker.

EVERYWHERE.

She looked like a little purple smurf. We're talking head to toe and she almost completely colored in every patch of skin she could reach.

DammitJanet

No I didnt get pictures...lol. It really was only her eyes. I took your suggestions and got most of it off.

I dressed her this morning in her little country girl outfit with the white tee, denim vest and jeans with the red scarf for a belt. She looked so cute and like a little hippie because Tony took her hair down last night so she had a big blond afro..LOL.

mstang67chic

Going Green
No pictures? *gasp* Bad grandma! LOL

Here...here's an afro for you. Actually this is her hair after it's been done somewhat and then slept on. She's who I was thinking of when Billie said that one of the girls looked black. (It's my cousin's daughter. She's got the most beautiful slate blue/gray eyes)

DammitJanet

Thats the way Keyana's hair was when she was around that age. Take a look at the picture I just put up if you wanna see afro...lol. I think she is related to Micheal...lmao. If Joe Jackson ever saw her hair and saw her dance he would swear she was a Jackson....lmao!