3sacharm

so here we go again.... Since September it's been (in addition to Lithium) Wellbutrin - didn't work, Concerta - didn't work and took away appetite, Seroquel - made him aggressive (but stopped the bedwetting), Adderal - put him on hyper warp speed, did nothing positive (bedwetting back again), and now its Metadate (20mg). Wow! and I think it may be even be working. He has been going for an educational evaluation and the pych said he was a different child last week on this drug. I am looking for others experinces using Metadate. All these drugs can be so scary and Metadate does not seem to be a more common ones (I know it is a derivitive of Ritalin, but I don't know anyone whose kids are even on Ritalin). Thanks!

Janna

Dylan had tried Metadate because at the time he couldn't swallow the Concerta tabs, and the Metadate could be sprinkled. It was a nice feature.

Didn't work for him, but he's Bipolar. But yeah, same thing as the other stims, Ritalin, Concerta, etc.

psychiatrist and I discussed adding a stimulant again just tonight. I wanted to remove the antipsychotic (Abilify) but he refused. If we do a stimulant, with the BiPolar (BP), he is insisting he keep the mood stabilizer (Lithium) and Abilify in place, or it's a no go.

Glad it's working.

Janna

Wiped Out

Staff member
My difficult child used Metadate for a short while. It helped at first but he really can't tolerate any stims with his bipolar.

Sara PA

Methylphenidate is sold under the brand names Concerta, Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Riphenidate, Metadate and the patch Daytrana. They are all the same active ingredient -- methylphenidate -- with different delivery systems.