Microsoft Word techies?

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'>How do I add a background to a word document and have it print along with the text?

I typed a word document and applied a background. The background shows in the draft as I am working on it.

When I go to print I only get the text, with no background. I've made many adjustments, trying to get the background to print, with no luck.

Any helpful hints?

</span>

DazedandConfused

I've never been able to use "background" and get it to print. I'm wondering if it is even meant for that. This goes for both word 2000 and 2003.

What you need to do depends on what your are trying to accomplish. Do you want to put color behind the text? I don't think "background" was meant for printing. I think it's meant giving color to a document that might be imported into another application.

I use page and paragraph borders and shading. Then, play around with it to get the affect I want.

Or you can create a "shape(like a rectangle)" , enlarge it to fit the page, color fill it, and then "send it to the back" behind the text. It will print that way.

K

Kjs

I believe it is watermark. I use to print a lot of documents with background. It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it is watermark.

Well, the "background printing" option under Tools, Options is not for printing the background colors/images. Rather it means to print "in the background", i.e. Word creates a separate execution object that the computer only works on when it is not busy with commands you have entered. Allows you to keep the document open and keep on editing while the print job is running, or you can close the document before the print job has completed.

The background color you set on-screen using Format, Background is for display or web pages only, not for printing, at least in the version of Word I use (2000). To print a background you will have to create a watermark.

trinityroyal

Depending on the type of background you select, and your printer's settings, you may not be able to print the background.

Star has a good idea...coloured paper will always come out the colour that you want it to. There are some lovely ones at Staples.

All the best,
Trinity

DazedandConfused

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frig it.....get some colored paper. :painter: </div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

Besides, those printer cartridges are expensive! :cigarsmoker: &lt; Love this!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
From MS Word 2K on back you need to do the background as a watermark in your print settings.

Background printing simply allows the print job to process during the milliseconds your computer isn't doing something else.

ToK (Microsoft Certified but I'm in recovery now)