Mohommad Couldn't Move the Moutain Sooo.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All of my mother's stunts to get me to travel to Illinios for the family reunion she wanted failed. (my sis coming home to visit, aunt dying of cancer, harassing me for weeks, ect) So she's decided to come to me instead. :nonono: :faint:

She will be arriving on Tues. God help me.

So now I have to kill myself to finish the back cleaning of the house. Normally I wouldn't put in the effort except it's really bad at this point. I wonder if I can get both inside and outside together by Tues. I guess we'll see.

Oh joy, joy. NOT!

I guess that I have a million other things I should be doing..... And in answer to her "Do you want company?" I said no, doesn't matter a bit. :slap:

Oh, well. :rolleyes:

On_Call

Lisa,

Sorry your mother has decided to drop in on you like that - despite your saying you'd rather not have company - lol.

At least she forewarned you - husband's step-mom and dad wanted to surprise us with a visit a few years ago. Since they live in MN and we live in NY, they decided that they better check to make sure we'd be home, so they called my mother and gave her the heads up. She, of course, called me and told me right away (thanks, Mom!) and I started cleaning immediately!! lmao. I did keep it from husband, though, so he could really be surprised.

Oh boy, was he surprised!!

So, in my 'always a silver lining' way - at least she didn't surprise you and just pull into your driveway unannounced!

Good luck with the cleaning - it's overwhelming at times, I know!

meowbunny

And how would she feel if you told her she was welcome to come but she'd have to stay in a motel at her expense? You'd love to see her but right now there just isn't the room in the house because you're storing stuff in the spare room. So, do let her come and let her know you'll fix her dinner and she can come visit during the day when you have time.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
True. She did warn me this time. Usually she just drops in. Although my gut usually gives me warning she's on her way.

I did tell her she has to stay in a motel, and I also told her I wasn't going to be able to feed them. Too bad about the food, we're barely feeding ourselves at this point. :grin:

It's been many years since my Mom actually physically slept over in my house. Ummmmm, I think the last time was when she disowned me. :rofl:

Yep. My house will be clean. Another good thing is that when my Mom is on her way the whole family jumps in to help with the cleaning. Even Travis is hard at work cleaning his room spotless. :smile: Really, you don't want to know what he's been bringing out of there. But seems all my missing dishes are suddenly showing up. lol

My family knows the sure fire way to have me go over the deep end is a visit from dear ol' grandma. They bend over backward to help keep me sane. lmao