More Nose Drama easy child S

Woofens

Had to call the plastic surgeon tonight. Poor easy child S. She is allergic to the adhesive they used on the splint and tape. She took 3 Benadryl in under 6 hours trying to keep from clawing her skin off her face. He told us to take the tape and splint off, and get her face super clean. We may have to take her to the office in the morning. It depends on how much she is itching, and how red she still is. Poor kid really needs a break :( So does mom :(

Hugs to all
Janis

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh,I know how awful the itching is. Poor kid. And Poor Mom. I hope that getting the tape off is enough. Please watch her for a more serious allergic reaction.

Woofens

Thanks Susie. I am keeping an eye on her. We are waking her up now to see how she looks, and decide if we have to go in to the office or not.

Well, she isn't nearly as red, but she is still itching pretty badly. I'm going to take her in. I'll post an update when we get home.

Hugs
Janis

Woofens

Back from the doctor already. He said that he has only had 1 other patient that had a reaction like S's. He says he is 99% sure it wasn't the tape, but the glue they use under the tape to keep it on for 5-7 days. We have to use hydro-cortisone cream 2X a day for 5 days, and she goes back on Tuesday. She does look better, has a couple red patches on her cheeks. He said not having the splint is not a big deal, just to try not to bump it. She is going to try to go back to school tomorrow.

Hugs,
Janis

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Gee, I don't think S has had ENOUGH excitement lately! Poor kid. I hope the cream clears things up quickly and that she's okay for school tomorrow.

TerryJ2

Aw, Janis, I am so sorry.
sounds like she really had a strong reaction. Good to know it was the glue, for future reference. Sheesh, the things we learn the hard way.
I hope she is okay to go to school tomorrow.

Woofens

Thanks to everyone :)

She seems too be better. 1 application of the cream, and the patches were gone, but we were still using it, like the DR said to.
School tomorrow :)