My Doo Wop and easy child

Sunlight

every morning on my birthday since Nick could walk....when I went into the kitchen on the counter by the coffee pot was some gift from him.
one year it was his own comb...wrapped in a piece of paper-he said he had nothing else to give me.

a few yrs later it was two nickels taped to paper (that I still have) with a scrawly luvU mom note.

a few yrs older there were donuts by the coffee pot.

later yet...bubblebath, a plant a walmart certificate

this year he moved out in June. sigh and still teary about that..lol

so last night I slept over at boyfriend's. I got home this morning and walked into my empty house. there was a card by the coffeepot.

I sobbed and my hands shook as I read it. the card said all I needed to hear about how he appreciated my faith, my love and my life example for him. inside that was note from him.
It said not to make plans in december. He had bought me two tickets to a Doo Wop concert...with the old names of groups I love. I could not stop crying and tears run down my face as I type this. He is being inducted in the FOP today (fraternal order of police). closed ceremony. So I called his cell and left a message and broke down in emotion while thanking him.

a sample of the music I love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwy5uqemp6c&mode=related&search=

Lothlorien

Oh, my goodness! That is sooooooo darn sweet! What a great kid. You must be so proud of him! Give him a kiss from all of us!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Guess there is no need to wish you a happy birthday after such a great gift, but <span style="color: #6600CC">HAPPY BIRTHDAY </span>anyway.....</span></span>

:flower:

gottaloveem

How nice. Nick is such a thoughtful young man. Somebody else said you needed that, I agree.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Happy Birthday.

Lia