my week at a glance...............

G

guest3

Monday: flooding all around, stuck home with both difficult child's. I get depressed watching coverage of VA Tech shooting from beginning to end. <evening> difficult child II tried to physically assault difficult child I, d/h tries to break it up and.........

Tuesday: noon at work and I get a call from school, there's an officer there that wants to talk to me about incident the night before involving difficult child II and d/h, our 1st DYFS experience, and thankfully I can say nothing but positive things thus far although I am less then thrilled that it happened.

Wednesday: try to take difficult child II to Dr's to verify he has no physical signs of abuse, difficult child II has fit and cracks car window from kicking it

Thursday: mid day I get a call from school, I cringe as I answer, but it is HS calling about difficult child I who is refusing to do his work and his teacher is po'd. Come home from work & get a call from school again difficult child II got in a fight and they want me to come pick him up. difficult child II tells teacher he wants to "kill himself", 6 hours in the ER to get a joke of an emergency psychiatric consult.

Friday: home with difficult child II and missing work way too much this week
School psychologist tells me what I should be doing as difficult child II is screaming at the top of his lungs and kicking my bedroom door.

And gee now comes the weekend, sorry venting

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes take a deep breath and let it go... you need to be ready for the next battle. Try not to hang on to this week. I know it is hard. Try to be positive and find something good about this weekend... even if you give the whole family a do over.

Mine have been driving me crazy as well so I just said frick it!!! We made cookies and are watching a movie!!! We all got a do over. We all need a break sometimes, sure they are still hanging on me, jumping up and down, popcorn all over the floor, touching each other... but I am just sitting here surfing and kind of paying attention!!!

I needed it... husband is out of town a bit longer this time. If your week has been this stressful go easy on yourself and family...
hang in there.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wishing you a much more peaceful weekend :flower:Some times the best part of a week is that it is coming to an end and tomorrow is a new day. I hope you find some "me" time for yourself. :bath: Hugs.

G

guest3

Thanks these boards are a blessing. Besides my Bible I feel this is the only other place I can turn, I am still trying to pray about telling my parents about what happened with DYFS, because they already hate D/H and I am sure this won't help, although they've seen difficult child II in action, they always love to remind me that "most of the time he's fine when he's with us"

nlg319

I'm sorry I am reading this late. I hope your weekend was ok. Sending peaceful thoughts your way. Tomorrow is another day...