Need a little recipe help, please!

tiredmommy

I'm going to a party Saturday evening and I'd like to bring a dessert to pass. I bought 3 packs of phyllo/fillo pastry cups and I'm envisioning filling some with a mixture of canned pumpkin, seasoning, and cream cheese. I'm not sure what proportions to use and time/temp if I should bake them. Does anyone have any experience or ideas for this???

I'd like to fill the rest with chocolate pudding pie filling, fruit & drizzled chocolate syrup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

susiestar

Roll With It
Find a pumpkin cheesecake recipe and fill them wtih that. They should bake up fine.

Phyllo Dough and Pastries-- Ellen's Kitchen -- Recipebox

This page tells how to work with phyllo dough and at the bottom tells how to use it as a crust for pumpkin pie. Make the pumpkin pie recipe from the back of the can of pumpkin and then mix it wth softened cream cheese (use the small size can of pumpkin and start wtih 1 block of cream cheese, add a second if the filling seems like it would be better. Then put it into the shells and bake. Or use a pumpkin cheesecake recipe.

DammitJanet

I would go to food network .com. I am an avid watcher and I have seen them use that phyllo do a lot of times. I am sure they would have an answer on there.

DammitJanet

[h=1]White Chocolate Hazelnut Tartlets[/h] Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time:45 minInactive Prep Time:1 hr 30 minCook Time:9 min Level:Easy Serves:12 servings
[h=2]Ingredients[/h]
  • 8 (17 by 13-inch) frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 6 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella), optional
  • 1 (3-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, grated, for garnish
  • Edible flowers, for garnish
[h=2]Directions[/h] Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface. Brush the phyllo with melted butter. Top with another phyllo sheet. Repeat with more butter and 2 more phyllo sheets. Cut the stacked phyllo sheets into 6 (5-inch) squares. Line each muffin cup with 1 stacked phyllo square, allowing the edges to ruffle and extend above the cup rims. Repeat with the remaining 4 phyllo sheets and melted butter. Bake until the phyllo cups are golden brown, about 9 minutes. Transfer the muffin pan to a cooling rack and cool completely.

Meanwhile, stir the white chocolate and 1/4 cup cream in a heavy small saucepan over low heat until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour into a large bowl and cool to barely lukewarm. Stir in the hazelnuts. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in another large bowl to medium-firm peaks. Fold the cream into the white chocolate mixture in 2 batches. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.

Spoon 2 teaspoons of the chocolate hazelnut spread into each phyllo cup, if using. Spoon the white chocolate mousse into the cooled phyllo cups, mounding slightly. Arrange the mousse-filled phyllo cups on plates. Sprinkle the bittersweet chocolate over the mousse, or garnish with edible flowers, and serve.

Do-Ahead Tip: The unfilled phyllo cups can be made 2 days ahead. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature. The white chocolate mousse can be made up to 8 hours ahead. Keep it refrigerated. The filled phyllo cups can be assembled up to 1 hour ahead. Cover and refrigerate them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PHYLLO CUPS
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
1/3 c. sifted powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. almond extract
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough (18 x 14 inch rectangle), thawed
1/4 c. butter
1 c. finely chopped walnuts
Strawberries, raspberries, peaches or other fruit

Phyllo dough can be purchased in the freezer section of most grocery stores. It is a thin, very fine pastry sheet. In a small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, milk and extract with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. cover and chill.Brush one sheet of phyllo dough with butter and spread some chopped walnuts on top. Repeat, layering four more times, brushing each sheet of the phyllo dough with butter. Cut phyllo stuck lengthwise into 3 strips, cut crosswise into 4 squares. Press squares into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove to a wire rack, cool completely. Just before serving, spoon a rounded tablespoon of filling into each cup. Top with strawberries or fruit of your choice. Makes 12 servings. The phyllo cups store well in a sealed container. This is a good make ahead dessert for special company.

PHYLLO LAYERS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
MOUSSE & RASPBERRY SAUCE
10 oz. white chocolate
1 env. gelatin
3 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tbsp. orange flavor liqueur
2 whole eggs
3 tbsp. boiling water
2 tbsp. rum
2 1/2 c. heavy cream, whipped

Melt chocolate in top of double boiler. Do not let water in bottom of pan touch pan holding chocolate. While chocolate is melting, whisk eggs in large mixing bowl held over a pan with steaming water. Water shouldn't be too hot or it will cook eggs. Eggs should be foamy and warm, not hot. Whisk chocolate into eggs. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in chocolate mixture.Bring heavy cream to boil and add to chocolate. Whisk in rum and liqueur. Continue beating until mixture is room temperature. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mix. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.

RASPBERRY SAUCE:
1/4 c. water
2 pts. fresh raspberries
1/4 c. sugar

Boil water and sugar for 1 minute. Beat sugar and water mixture with 1 1/2 pints raspberries with electric mixer. Strain and store in refrigerator.Phyllo Layers: 1 package phyllo, thawed, melted butter and powdered sugar. Cut phyllo into 2 pieces with heart shape cookie cutter. Each dessert will need 12 pieces. Lay one heart shaped piece of phyllo on cookie sheet sprayed with non stick spray. Brush lightly with melted butter. Place another piece of phyllo on top of first and brush with butter. Add one more piece of phyllo, butter and lightly dust with powdered sugar. Each dessert uses four stacks of three pieces of phyllo. Cool to room temperature. Bake at 375 degrees for 3 minutes. Remove to plate to cool.
Place one bundle of phyllo on serving plate. Pipe mousse on top of phyllo. Add another layer of phyllo. Pipe mousse on top. Add another layer of phyllo and top with mousse. Add one more layer of phyllo and dust with powdered sugar. Add small amount of raspberry sauce and garnish with left over fresh raspberries. Pipe additional whipped cream on plate, if desired. Serv

Thats all I got on short notice