New medical issue

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Aug 5, 2009.

  1. DammitJanet

    DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I just started having this weird pain the other day...thought maybe I had walked too much or slept wrong at first. It felt like where my uterus should be but isnt anymore was aching or pulling. But it started in the late afternoon about 3 days ago and was worse when I was walking and moving. Well it did it that day, then the next day and so I took a hot bath yesterday to soak it thinking...ok, maybe I have done something to twist or pull a muscle. Uhhh this morning as soon as I went to get out of bed I was immediately hit with intense pain in my pelvic area. I had a hysterectomy in 04 so there is nothing in there to hurt! Only my bladder and my ovaries but it doesnt hurt on the sides. It doesnt hurt to pee either. Pain is radiating from lower back to my pelvic area. In what I would call the saddle area.

    Well when resting didnt help at all and my normal dose of pain killer did nothing, I packed myself off to the ER because I couldnt figure out who to go see. Well ER was no real help either. They hemmed and hawed and took blood and urine and an Xray of my bladder and said that they think I need to see an OBGYN because it is probably my bladder needing to be tucked. They didnt do a pelvic though.

    On the way home, it occurred to me that I think it is my sacroilliac joint. I am not sure though who I would see about that problem. Would an OBGYN know about that?
  2. nvts

    nvts Active Member

    Hi! I'd go to the gp first and from what I quickly read on the internet, it seems like it would be an orthopedic dr who would then recommend physical therapy.

    Hope you're feeling better!

  3. totoro

    totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

    For us in PT we usually had our S.I. joint referrals from a Family doctor or a Neurologist. Because the nerve is what is involved, so a lot of times the doctor could figure this or out or if they couldn't the Neuro would.
    I just read Beth's my memory is slow, but we did get a lot from Ortho after injury as well. Especially after a crash or fall.

    If rest or massage and ice can't calm it down, then PT or even a chiropractor can help.
    If that is indeed what it is.
    Usually massage and ice and rest is the answer. There is this trick with traction, where you distract the joint in hopes that the nerve will slip out from being impinged.
    I had it done when I was pregnant.
    We had a machine that did this in our PT lab... I loved it! It can be done manually also.
    But it can also make it worse...
    I hope it calms down, either way it sounds like you are not feeling good and I am sorry.
  4. mstang67chic

    mstang67chic Going Green

  5. flutterby

    flutterby Fly away!

    When I was looking up stuff recently about my possible issue, I came across Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. It's pretty common, apparently, with fibro and can cause SI joint issues.

    I would start with your GP. After that, I would go to a rheumy. With ankylosing spondylitis, your SI joint is usually effected.
  6. DammitJanet

    DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Whatever this thing is...Im none too happy. Nothing sounds too good. I dont much want surgery for either a bladder tack or securing my SI joint. I am way too far gone for simple exercises to do me any good for anything. Blah blah blah. Maybe I will just go close my eyes and forget I ever even had this pain!
  7. nvts

    nvts Active Member

    I tried this with my kids and h, but every time I open my eyes, they're all still there WHINING about SOMETHING!!!

    Janet, go see the Doctor...everyone is enduring so many things on the board over the last 6 mos. or so (anyone spring to mind, missy?!!) that I don't think wishing it away is a good idea.

    Get going young lady or there's NO DESSERT for you!! ;)

  8. Star*

    Star* call 911

    I think you want a Scott so bad you are IMAGININING - a baby of your own ? Or sympathy pains for Keyanna's Momma? :confused:

    Whatever it is in the immortal words of Mstang-


    Personally I think it's gas. :laugh:
  9. Momslittleangels

    Momslittleangels New Member

    I had this EXACT same thing happen to me last October. I am a heavy gal, but have been for many years. I got on a bowling team with my daughter and son-in-law and after a few weeks, I was getting these mild pains in the pelvic area. Didn't think too much about it, because it would go away in a few days. Then one night when we were bowling, I threw the ball down the lane and I could barely walk back to the edge of the lane. I limped back up and finished the frame and was not able to bowl again. It was the most horrible pain between my inner thigh and pelvic bone, but it really felt like BONE pain, not muscle pain.

    I went to an orthopedist and he took X-rays and said that I stretched a ligament or something like that. The next day, I arrived at work and threw my left leg out of my car and got the most intense searing pain I have ever felt. Literally, could no longer walk. They wanted me to go to physical therapy too, but I just didn't want to endure that three times a week. Finally went to a chiropractor a few times and that helped a little.

    Ever since then, it feels like I no longer have any type of cushion/gel (or whatever it's called) between my vertebrae in my back or pelvis. When I am laying on my back and rollover I can FEEL every movement of the these vertebrae (like a clicking, but not like when you have your back cracked). It isn't necessarily painful, but very irritating. It just goes "click, click, click, click", until I am done rolling over. I was told it was probably the SI joint too, but I seriously feel like my body aged 20 years since that incident.

    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your are the first person that I found which had the same type of thing. I hope you get some relief soon. It didn't seem to come very quick for me though.
  10. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    I am so sorry you are hurting like this. It truly hoovers, esp when you already have enough to handle!

    Having had all sorts of strange pains in the last few years I have some recommendations.

    First, go see your doctor.

    Have the doctor rx a thera cane ( to learn more about it). Insurance should cover it with a doctor's rx. Even without it this is well worth the money it costs. Though you may want to try ebay if you have to purchase it yourself. They retail for $39.95 according to the website.

    Then you need to find the book "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies. It is truly amazing at helping you find and handle muscle problems. I use it to help when my back gets so overloaded that standing is a problem.

    Using these two items you will likely be able to work on finding how to help your back.

    It may not fix it, but it can make it feel a heck of a lot better!

    I hope the hospital gave you an rx for the pain! And some muscle relaxers.

    Gentle hugs and a therapeutic massage from Raoul coming your way!!! (no sense having a massage from someone who isn't as awesome as Raoul, is it?)
  11. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    I'd have also felt better had they checked you for stones in the bladder. Just to be sure there were no urinary issues.

    So sorry to hear you're having this new issue, like you don't have enough going on anyway. Hope there is a quick and easy rememdy, sounds mighty painful.