New Target near us with a shopping cart escalator!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It was soooo cool! The shopping carts have their own escalator that is next to the human escalator. They have one for UP and one for DOWN -- parking is underneath the store. easy child and I giggled the whole way up :D

Marguerite

We have travelators at our malls (and at an increasing number of malls around te country). The trolleys are rigged with 'stops' on their castors so when you wheel them onto a travelator (which is grooved like the steps of an escalator, but otherwise a continuous sloping belt) the wheels lock so it won't roll back. As soon as the front wheels reach solid ground (at the destination of the travelator) the trolley wheels off easily.

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sorry gals, didn't take a picture, but I will whenever we go back :D

WhyMe, the store is on the second floor and the parking is on the first floor underneath. They did this to maximize space usage since it's in a relatively narrow mini-mall area with lots of other smaller shops but clearly not enough parking to accommodate a Target-size customer base the way the lot was designed. They took over the part of the building where there used to be a Circuit City and a Toys R Us that closed. They did a great job with the design!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks Witz :D That's exactly it! I wonder how long it will be before a difficult child tries to ride up or down it... I could see it going through easy child's mind when she saw it. I didn't have the difficult children with me at the time, and there didn't appear to be anyone on the lower level supervising the area. Although there was a security guard by the registers on the second floor.

susiestar

Roll With It
My thought was for Beth and the Weeble - can you put a stroller on that??? I was the "bad mommy" who took mine on the escalators.

I have never even seen a 2 story Target or Walmart. We do have 2 walmarts. Grrrr.

Target was working a deal with some people I know so they could move to our area. WalMart went to the City Council with some deals (and bribes) so that Target would be refused licenses. Once the new Walmart was opened they refused to honor the "deals" and so now we have no Target and 2 walmarts. Which stinks because we don't need 2 walmarts but we DO need a target. There are a LOT of us who drive 1 1/3 hours or more to shop a Target monthly. Many of us will not drive across our town to go to the new Walmart. It is in the "rich" area, but is always full of stuff that doesn't sell. Where the other WM has 1 aisle of clearance most of the time the "new" 3 yo WM has at least 4 aisles (longer ones) that are all clearance. I am sure they will close the "old" one soon simply because they cannot afford to keep 2 of them open much more.

I want a Target!!!! With an fancy escalator!!!! (I am sure that land in my state is too cheap for that to be financially smart, but still!!!)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well if we have our next "gathering" in SoCal, I promise to take everyone on a field trip to the 2-story Target! :bigsmile:

The YouTube clip Witz posted is from Escondido, CA, near San Diego, by the way.

Star*

call 911........call 911
A bird in the hand.....is worth 2 in the bush. A bird on the head could be messy, but it IS quite a fashion statement. Do you remember the head scarfs from the 70's called chicken feathers? We loved those.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=20&um=1

(Thinking of you and the chicks) Apparently you saw my bodacious mule hat. ROFLMAO

Okay so to the real question at hand. WHAT IF.....the escalators only went up?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think great minds (present company included) think alike!

IF the escalators only went up, I'd probably have put a difficult child on one a looooong time ago! :p