Nine more days. Please let me make it!

susiestar

Roll With It
If you EVER have another episode like that and don't go to the ER, I will kick your tushie from here to the moon and back! Those symptoms could be anxiety but are also likely to be a heart problem or lung problem.

Your kids NEED you too much to take chances like that. Get in to your reg doctor and make him check you THOROUGHLY!! ASAP!!!

I am sorry it was so bad, and I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does then you need real medical help.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

New Leaf

I agree with Susie, CB.
That could be anxiety but there is no way to tell except by getting checked out.
It is much too risky to wait and see...........
If you haven't already done so, please make an appointment to get a thorough checkup!!!!!!

I hope you are feeling much better today......two more days to go.

:hawaii_girl:
leafy

FlowerGarden

I agree with Susie, also. If your heart is skipping beats and you are having trouble breathing, seek help immediately! Hopefully you are in Hawaii now and enjoying your time off.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
CB. Chest pains and an irregular heartbeat? Sure....could be anxiety.

Could also be any number of heart issues. Some just harmless annoyances, some lethal if not treated.

NO ONE is going to think you are a fool if you go into the hospital and it turns out to be acid reflux or an inflammation of the ribcage muscles (as I did a few years ago).

When I had my bout of chest pain, pain down arm, difficulty breathing, etc. They treated me as if I was made of spun glass. Lots of tests, of course, with a transfer to another hospital 90 miles away for an angiogram, if any of the tests came back abnormal.

As it was, my tests all came back fine, and the orthopedist they called in to see me because i was so stiff upon first getting out of bed, diagnosed the costochondritis.

by the way, you're not a wimp if you go to ER with cc, it's very painful.

Please, don't obsess over illnesses and then refuse to seek medical care when you have actual sx of a dangerous illness.

BusynMember

Cb, sweetie, sounds like panic attacks, bUT alays smart to check thigs out.
If you are not really sick, look up Health ANXIETY on the internet. I always thought I was dying of dread diseases especially if I found out somebody died of one.it is a real phobia and we honestly believe we are dying. I already died of a brain tumor, MS, various heinous cancers, and many other terminal diseases.
Only I'm still here.
I would let your psychiatrist know that you tend to believe you have terminal illnesses, like I did. There are therapies to help this horrible horrible phobia. It used to be called hypochodriasis and I had it bad. It tortured me. I questioned every body signal I felt.
Hugs and more higs. Been there/done that/have the tattered tee shirt too!

Last edited:

Lil

I agree. Anything that could be heart-related needs to be checked. Don't be embarrassed thinking it's anxiety.

I once went to urgent care feeling like something was sitting on my chest. After an EKG, a lung capacity test, and a short quiz...they said it was a panic attack. Jabber and I had just returned from our honeymoon...I guess the wedding stress had a delayed reaction. Long story short, I was so relieved and felt so stupid I burst out laughing until I cried. I was fine after that.

Once I went to the ER with these mild chest pains. They couldn't find anything, but insisted I stay and have a cardiac stress test. I ran on their stupid treadmill and the test showed a blockage. Two days later I have a cardiac catheterization. No blockage at all - the stress test was a false positive. After all that, the diagnosis was acid reflux. :rolleyes: Yeah...3 days and two serious tests, one of which involved running a wire up my artery...and it was heartburn.

But no one ever died from embarrassment or an excess of caution.

Californiablonde

If you EVER have another episode like that and don't go to the ER, I will kick your tushie from here to the moon and back! Those symptoms could be anxiety but are also likely to be a heart problem or lung problem.

Your kids NEED you too much to take chances like that. Get in to your reg doctor and make him check you THOROUGHLY!! ASAP!!!

I am sorry it was so bad, and I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does then you need real medical help.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
I have already had three EKG's and a stress test and they always come back normal. That is why I am so hesitant to go to the doctor's now. They never find anything wrong with me. But I do agree with you, I need to see a doctor at least for my stomach issues. I was given a medication for my acid reflux last year and it's not helping. And I just found out my doctor left the practice, so I am being assigned a new doctor. Perhaps this one will take me seriously. The last one didn't.

New Leaf

Hey CB, I have a story for you, it is not meant to scare you, just something to think about. I was talking with my sons coach awhile back, he is on disability with 25% heart function. He said the same thing, went to ER a few times with chest pains and nothing came of it. Tests were okay. He said when he kept having problems he figured it was the same thing, so just let it go. Turned out it was mini heart episodes that ended up damaging his heart. I think he would tell you to check it out anyway, regardless of the results. You have much to live for dear, you know your body best.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Californiablonde

Hey CB, I have a story for you, it is not meant to scare you, just something to think about. I was talking with my sons coach awhile back, he is on disability with 25% heart function. He said the same thing, went to ER a few times with chest pains and nothing came of it. Tests were okay. He said when he kept having problems he figured it was the same thing, so just let it go. Turned out it was mini heart episodes that ended up damaging his heart. I think he would tell you to check it out anyway, regardless of the results. You have much to live for dear, you know your body best.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy
Oh, Leafy I am falling apart. I have no idea what to have the doctor check out first. Here is list of my symptoms, and I don't know if they are even related to each other or not. I have been having heart palpitations, migraines, feeling light headed and like I am going to pass out, on and off chest pain, really bad bouts of nausea, vomiting up stomach acid, severe lower back pain, pelvic, pain, constipation, frequent need to urinate, and sometimes blood on the tissue when I wipe. My new doctor is going to think I'm a nutcase! But I know I must make an appointment to see him, and that is what I am going to do. I am hoping and praying it's nothing serious, and I am trying (and sometimes succeeding) to stay off the internet and not googling my symptoms!

InsaneCdn

heart palpitations, migraines, feeling light headed and like I am going to pass out, on and off chest pain
These MAY be related. Risk isn't necessarily high but outcomes are poor if you ignore and it ends up being a heart problem.

bad bouts of nausea, vomiting up stomach acid,
Could be related to the first one - or to the next one - or stand-alone.

severe lower back pain, pelvic, pain, constipation,
Severe or chronic constipation can cause back pain and other abdominally-related pain.

frequent need to urinate, and sometimes blood on the tissue when I wipe
Could be a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Simple question. Blood on the tissue should be mentioned either way.

New Leaf

My new doctor is going to think I'm a nutcase! But I know I must make an appointment to see him, and that is what I am going to do. I am hoping and praying it's nothing serious, and I am trying (and sometimes succeeding) to stay off the internet and not googling my symptoms!
CB, it does not matter what your new doctor thinks, these are your symptoms. My friend has anxiety as well and has a hard time with doctors, she feels that they don't listen to her, or has come across some with horrible "bedside manner". I hope this is not the case for you.
What is happening to your body is what is happening.
It is real for you.
Whatever the cause is, it is real.
It could be the anxiety, coupled with the stress you undergo from work and dealing with your daughter. Either way, your body is manifesting symptoms and it is important to check them out. I am glad you are going to make an appointment. If the findings are that you are okay physically, then you know it is your anxiety.
In your signature, you write the medications you are on, are not working. So, something needs to be done about that, too. Anxiety and stress are damaging to our health.

How do we stop having stress, when our lives are so full of challenges?

CB, find something for YOU. Find something that helps you to relax and destress.

I know it is hard with everything going on around you, but sheesh we only have this one life.

Take one day at a time and work on your health issues. There is only so much you can do, so you will have to slow your mind down and tackle this one issue at a time. Make a list of your concerns. Bring it with you to the doctor, and let the doctor figure out which you need to tackle first.
You are going to be okay, CB, keep telling yourself that. Either way, you are going to be okay. Worrying about it does nothing for you but make your anxiety worse. Just tackle this one day at a time, and keep telling yourself you are going to be okay. It is a steep mountain you are looking down. When my Dad taught us how to ski, he said "Don't look at the steepness of the slope, we are not going down it, we are going across." Don't look down this steep slope, look to point a, then b and so on. You can do this.

It is what I have to do now with this thing with my hubs. If I go down the steep slope of awfullizing, there is no turning back. I have no control over what the future is, so I just keep telling myself no matter what, I am going to be okay.
I am going across the mountain, and so can you.

(((HUGS)))
leafy

InsaneCdn

Insane, what other tests should I ask for regarding my heart, besides the EKG and stress test? So far both of those have come back normal.
Not my area of specialty - haven't gone down that road, and we never ask for tests here, the doctor decides anyway. If you've already had a stress test, I would likely just let the doctor know about these non-specific symptoms - which may be anxiety, or heart, or something else entirely.