No cuts!!!

DazedandConfused

....so I go to the supermarket today after work. I'm tired as usual, but otherwise had a good day. I get what I need and proceed to get in line. All the lines are long and suddenly a new check stand opens up. So the lady I am standing behind goes to that check stand-I, then, move up.

This couple then moves from their line and get RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. They were standing in the express line, which was next to my line and of course was very long. They just stride right past and stand in front of me and put their two candy bars (yes, that's it) on the conveyor belt and don't even cast a glance my way.

by the way: It's not like I'm hard to miss. I'm 5'9 barefoot.

I'm leaning on the cart looking at them deciding if I need to let them have it. They are speaking language I do not recognize and are probably staying at very exclusive nearby resort that has a lot celebs and international visitors. Now, it's this couple and another woman. On and one they are going. I try to make out the language (which I'm pretty good at) but can't. They are European most likely.

Anyway, they are just blabbing and blabbing. I begin to put my items on the belt and I can tell they are commenting on my purchases. They really carry on when they see I have put six bottles of ragu on the belt, "Well, it's on sale and I have a family!" , I'm thinking to myself.

I do get justice though. It actually took them LONGER when they moved to my line because the customer right in front of them was a cantankerous old guy who was the customer from Hades and it was taking him FOREVER to finish. They would have been better off staying where they were. HA! HA!

Now, I'm usually very vocal about when it's my turn-at the snack bar, at the meat counter, etc. I made a conscious decision to let it go. Next time, however.....we're talking a can of..

Whoop! Arse!

Okay, I'm done.

So, how was YOUR day??:tongue:

Andy

:surprise: Hey, did you forget the first lesson of Kindergarten? No budging! Period - now get back to your spot or to the back of the line! NOW!!!

Your patience of choosing not to make a frustrating situation uglier is a large credit to you! It does burn when such out and out rudeness occurs though doesn't it?

I have had a good day until about 8:30. Diva wouldn't answer her phone so I kept calling it over and over and leaving messages such as, "Your phone is so that I can get hold of you. If you can not take two seconds to answer and let me know where you are and that you are o.k., we will have to take it away from you." I was so frustrated after 15 minutes that I went searching for the cell phone to text her to call me. husband then reminded me that it is Tuesday and Diva is in school! Boy did I get an earful when her class was over - well, 1/2 an earful, I hung up on her trying to chew me out. Maybe I should have taken your advise and let it go before I started looking for her?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Dazed--

I think you have to build up your "Karma" points...and there is no sense losing them on a couple with two candy bars. Save your Whoop-Arse for some jerk who REALLY has it coming...

Just my two cents...

--DaisyF

tiredmommy

Well, my kitty woke me early today... she was rug surfing in the hall again.

Bad kitty!!! :devil:

Unlike you I could not let it go. So I decided the best thing I could do was make sure she was very tired tonight so that I can get a full 8 hours. :biggrin:

We... played. Well, that's not exactly accurate. I played whenever she would cat nap. I put bird sounds on the computer to drive her nuts. I also launched toy mousies at her repeatedly. She's really sleepy now and doesn't want to play with mama anymore. I expect I may be able to sleep until 7:15, easy. :thumbsup:

by the way, I used to need to take emergency potty breaks whenever a cutter got up to the front of my line when I cashed. :devil:

rejectedmom

OOOOOoooooooooooooo TM you Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

by the way I have a kitty that rug surfs also. She starts off at one end of the hall runs as fast as she can and jumps on the area rug and goes flying down the rest of the hallway. I put those rubber gripper mats underneath the rug but they only work for a little while. They loose their stickyness and have to be washed often. I have pretty much given up since I do not want to tape or tack into the historic inlaid floors. -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Dazed that would've burned me up too. Cuz if they'd have asked.....I'd have probably let them in front of me, there wouldn't be need to be rude at cut in line. I've done it a million times.

Your diplomacy is wonderful. lol :D

Today must've been grocery day. easy child and I went.....and went a wee crazy in the meat dept at krogers. When I can get a hefty size chuck roast for half price, you'd better believe I buy at least 4. And their prices on other meats were awfully good. Plus I get Travis' discount, which easy child does too as she types in my phone number....which is what Travis' discount card is under. lol

All meat is tucked safe and sound into my freezer. :) And sister in law is gonna be thrilled...easy child is budget cutting and has stopped eating out at all. So she's cooking dinners at home..... Which is why I went with her, to give her meal ideas. lol

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have to say I'm overly outraged when people "cheat". It's supposed to be everyone takes their turn. Merging traffic or grocery line should be orderly in my humble opinion. I find myself very upset when someone doesn't think they have to follow the rules.
If it's any consolation, I have a friend from the UK who tells me there are certain cultures where jumping the line and pushing forward is common and the norm. Ugh! I hate it.

If I have a large order, I will let the person with just a couple of things go in front of me. They are always tickled. Good karma and all of that.

My new thing is on line grocery shopping. I do it while I'm watching tv at night. It's not a perfect system since I like to pick out my own meat but for everything else it saves me tons time. I can use coupons too. It took me a few times to get the hang of it and do it right but it's a great time saver. You go through a drive through and someone puts it in the car!!!!!! How great is that?