Not thinking straight & now it's...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
biting me in the butt. I let foster mum that I'd have to see wm Wednesday rather than today as I need to have an "emergency" MRI of my brain. I mentioned the whole thing about the big decrease in my IQ. Just one sentence ~ wasn't thinking.

Foster mum got on the phone with someone yesterday (wm overheard the conversation) & informed them. wm called me last night in tears ~ worried that my brain was hurt & wouldn't get better.

I don't know what I was thinking in telling foster mum why I needed the MRI. This may get out to the county workers.

AND of course, my ever loving, ever eavesdropping son heard the entire conversation but didn't understand a good portion of it. I don't know who foster mum was talking to - I hazard to guess.

I have a lot of help here ~ kt still cons me on a regular basis. She admitted to therapist that she takes advantage of my "slow thinking". In fact, she loves it.

What I do know is that neurologist & GP are quite worried over the bug decline in numbers.

mstang67chic

Going Green
You slipped but it happens. Don't worry. MY thing here is who the heck was FM telling? What right does she have to tell ANYONE? If she's concerned and talking to an "official", the reasoning is understandable but it's not HER place. She has no idea what it all means either. People can spout numbers all they want but it doesn't tell you what it means in your daily life. She has NO flipping idea what you do or don't do or what you can and can't do. This is none of her business! :mad: Besides that, she KNOWS Wm eavesdrops and should have been more careful. SHE'S the one who has to deal with the 24/7 fallout...you'd think she'd realize that. I'm sorry but in my humble opinion the woman needs drop kicked.

As for Kt conning you even with all of the help you have, I'm sorry the little bugger is doing it but you know what? It happens to ALL of us. Yes, she's taking advantage of an uncommon situation but it still happens. I know you are worried about it and there are bigger things going on than how I'm putting it but please...don't obsess over it. I think Kt would still try this if everything was fine. Ugh....I know the thought that I'm trying to convey but it's just not coming out right on paper so to speak. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it will come. I have complete faith that you will improve. Will you be 100% back to normal? Maybe, maybe not but I KNOW you will improve.

HUGS

susiestar

Roll With It
I agree with drop kicking foster mum!! WTH was she doing, gossiping about you on the phone?!?! Because it WAS gossiping!!! And~~ She KNOWS wm eavesdrops!! She was WAY out of line.

Forgive yourself for the slip, give foster mum a stern talking to about spreading your business to others because she is a service provider and MUST take care about confidentiality! She KNOWS better than to do that!

The damage was NOT done by you, so go easy on yourself.

That said, it was nice of wm to be concerned your brain hurt. At least he loves you enough to be worried about that.

I am sure the drop is concerning the docs, it is their JOB to worry about stuff like that. Just keep doing what you can, and let the rest of the world pick up some of the slack.

kt taking advantage of your slow brain is probably something every child would do, at least sometimes. Ktbug has now admitted it, so you can be on the lookout for it, and the docs can also work on that with her. She will be OK.

Sorry so much is happening right now. Let us know how the MRI goes. We worry about you because we CARE about you - we care big bunches about you!

DammitJanet

TL, Ummm....I just want to add that even with this new MRI and this new set of numbers, you are the same person. Your IQ is not out of the range of "normal". This is what I keep telling myself too. We may not be in the above average range anymore but we still are average. So...there is the normal thingy. There are tons and tons of parents out there with IQs in this range who parent every darned day. No one can take kids away because a parent has a certain IQ.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Too right Janet and well said!!

I'm also down to "normal" status these days.

I'll tell you, Nichole took advange of my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) whenever she found an opportunity. Fortunately there was still enough of ME there that she didn't get into major trouble. It's normal for a kid to at the very least to try that. Teens are already testing the water of their limitations.

I'd have to say I'd be livid this woman felt the need to tell someone else about something going on with you medically. Frankly it's none of her business as it does not directly affect wm.

I'm so sorry foster Mom is such an idiot.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm adding hugs too, that foster mum had no right-I'm steaming right along with everyone else.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ya know Linda - it could be a NUMBER of things. I'm finding out for the first time in SIX YEARS.....that I AM NOT - REPEAT NOT.....

THE FRUMPY ,OVERWEIGHT, STRUGGLING, FOGGY BRAINED, FORGETFUL, CAN NOT REMEMBER SHEETS, WOMAN in the office because I am over 40 with a kid who stresses me out......

I AM LEGITIMATELY SICK - but......(said with a nice Jewish Grandma accent)

I am getting help.......and................(said like above again)

since I've been on medicine and working with a doctor that gives a poop?

I'm getting better, feeling better about me, loosing inches, not strugging, not so foggy brained, remembering, and empowering woman....and it's scaring the carp out of a lot of people....I'm not back - but.....I'm not mental.

So tell foster mom that when you said your IQ is lower it was shop talk for foggy brained, and leave it at that.....tell her she really took it to her own connotation and that wm listened and is now freaked out - her problem is now your problem and you dont appreciate it one bit.

Then call HER boss and explain. THE FRIGGIN nerve (said like a Jersey housewife)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies ~ I spoke with foster mum yesterday. She wasn't talking on the phone to anyone; just mentioning a drop in my IQ to her hubby. Like me, she's a bit foggy & forgot that wm is an constant eavesdropper (she also just turned 80, god bless her for keeping wm until he graduates high school).

I also let her know it was do to my brain injury - I still have the knowledge & such; just cannot get at it.

She'll do what she wants with this knowledge. Whatever