Not to steal Marcie's thread....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Jan 28, 2009.

  1. timer lady

    timer lady Queen of Hearts

    on moving but after all is said & done with husband's estate issues I'd like to sell my home & move closer to family.

    Having said that & the research I've done on my neighboring state I would lose huge services for the tweedles. Services the tweedles need to get to their highest level of functioning in the adult world.

    To be honest, I want out of this town; this house. I don't want to disrupt the treatment plans that kt & wm need so desperately. It looks as though I'm stuck here.

    The head of CADI has worked in our neighboring state & knows whats out there. It's not enough for the tweedles.

    I will continue to research however I think this is it for the time being.
  2. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member


    what about moving to the border of your existing state? Wouldn't you be pretty close to dad and some of your sibs if you did that?

  3. hearts and roses

    hearts and roses Mind Reader

    I was thinking like Sharon also. Would you be able to live close enough to family without interrupting the services you are receiving now in your home state? I hope this is a way for you to work this out.
  4. Star*

    Star* call 911

    What if you put the responsibility of the move on the people in the current state of services to FIND and GET services and help that you may not know about????

    Tell your service coordinator that moving is a must for the Tweedles MOTHER to be the best MOM she can be - and make them find these kids something.

    UGH - hate being between a rock and a service
  5. SearchingForRainbows

    SearchingForRainbows Active Member


    I don't have any suggestions to add to what the others have already said. If Star's advice doesn't produce good results, than I definitely think moving to the border of your state, as Sharon (LDM) and JoG suggested, is an excellent idea.

    Thinking of you... WFEN
  6. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I'm sorry but not surprised about the level of services not being the same in Wisconsin. We've had some good services over the years but nowhere near what you have for the Tweedles. I'm sure this is hard for you when you want to move closer to family. It just isn't right. ((((Hugs))))
  7. timer lady

    timer lady Queen of Hearts

    I live 20 minutes from the border between MN & WI; my family lives on the far eastern side of WI ~ my dad is 10 or 15 miles west of Lake Michigan.

    I have access to some legal services thru husband's employer as well as a life services company (can't remember what it's really called). They may be able to help me do further research as the tweedles were an interstate adoption. The adoption agreement we signed was with another state altogether & I'd like to see if legally it can be transferrred to WI; if legally that state has to follow the agreement & has the wherewithal to do it.

    husband worked for a terrific company & I'm using all the resources they offer to survivors of employees.
  8. WhymeMom?

    WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

    What happens when the Tweedles turn 18? I know that is 4 years away, but time passes quickly with kids.... Once they turn 18 do services change or are not reliant on your state of residence? Also what about getting some your your family to move closer to you? Just brainstorming..... In my mind it would be tough to start over finding state resources........