Note to self....

dashcat

Taking an unmedicated bi-polar to see Les Miz is not a particularly good idea.

The movie was stunning, but it just wasn't the best place for my difficult child to be tonight.

Live and learn.

Dash

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, on the upside you got her out of the house and spent some time together.

We can't be perfect all the time.

Hugs

dashcat

Thanks, Lisa. She did enjoy it, but I can see the effect it's having on her after the fact .. something I just plain didn't think of. She neer saw the play, but Mr. Ostrich and I did (she was too young at the time). She grew up listening to the soundtrack, so it was meaningful that we went together. I just wish that our difficult child's came iwth instructions...for many more reasons than this.

TerryJ2

Yikes.
It IS based on the French revolution--violence--and there is a love story--emotional---and the music is fabulous--powerful, and it is long--draining ... Would it help for her to talk about it?

on the other hand, if she came away with-it feeling nothing, THEN I'd be worried. Hugs for both of you, to weather the storm.

How did YOU like it, compared to the play?

dashcat

Terry,
I loved it. She is talking about it - especially the music, to which she knows ever word. She was very excited to go and she definately enjoyed it ... but I she was literally weeping during "on my own", "empty chairs and empty tables" and expecially at end scene. I was crying (only I started with I dreamd a dream!), but it was different with her. I won't include any spoilers, but there are a couple scenes of martrydom, and though all the characters truly believe they are doing what is good and right, they are internally (and sometimes externally) tortured at times. A rational mind can sift through it .. a difficult child puts it on the hamster wheel and lets it spin for a day or two.

She's better now, but, oh boy...
Dash

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
So, your self-note adds one to my list... DON'T TAKE ONYXX.

Of course, she works at a movie theater, so... She may see it anyway. :sigh: