Ok, now this teen in Fl

klmno

I'm referring to the one who killed his parents then threw a party. He's charged with 2 counts of 2nd degree murder. Just exactly WHY isn't that 1st degree?

Nancy

It doesn't fit the crime. We saw what happened when they overcharges in CA. This kind of murder is almost always spur of the moment emotionally based.

But what's going on in Florida?

Nancy

klmno

Got it! Thanks!

Which case are you asking about?

Now I'm hearing that a judge somewhere- not sure where- gave custody to a step-dad who never had custody of this child (toddler or preschool age; female) and he's a convicted sex-offender! The grandparents had raised the girl and wanted custody. I think that's when I'd go underground. OMG- it's another Fl case.

Slap me if I entertain the thought of moving there.

keista

Now I'm hearing that a judge somewhere- not sure where- gave custody to a step-dad who never had custody of this child (toddler or preschool age; female) and he's a convicted sex-offender! The grandparents had raised the girl and wanted custody. I think that's when I'd go underground. OMG- it's another Fl case.

Where in FL was that? Can you get me a link to the story?

klmno

I have no idea where in Fl but you might be able to find it just by googling "Florida judge gives custody to registered sex offender". It's part of his requirements not to be around kids- but he gets custody and he's not the bio-dad and didn't raise the child to this point. Now in fairness, he got the conviction because he was 38 and had sex with a 14 yo and did time in prison for that, and somewhere along the line, those two (he and the 14 yo) got married and had kids. She later gave birth to this child while he was in prison (I think) but he's not the bio-dad and she (the mother) died and the grandparents (mopther's side) have been raising this last child of hers. Now this man took it to court and got custody because he "was the step-dad". Yep- legally- but he had never lived in the same home or raised her and the mother was trying to divorce him. And, if he was 38 having sex with a 14 yo, well....

DammitJanet

We are hearing about all this stuff out of FL because all the reporters are still in FL after the anthony trial. They havent left yet so they are sniffing around for more dirt. I keep getting tweets.

Did you all get the news about the fake sighting of Casey at the same airport where she supposedly left from? It came out over the wires with a picture to boot. Hoax. Casey would certainly not be wearing the same outfit she left in on Sunday...lol. Or maybe she is like me and has a whole wardrobe of pink tops and jeans. (Im a pink and purple gal)

klmno

Yeah- I heard that but didn't put much stake in it, either way. We'll hear about where she really is eventually. I'm glad she's not getting any more media attention than she is right now (believe it or not).

Good point about so much media still being in Fl. Still, that judge needs a "common sense" check.

This case in San Diego is going to be a big one. They haven't even mentioned where the father is right now...just that he's a pharmecuetical (sp) tycoon with a hx of domestic violence. This could likely be the next "big" trial that catches the country's attention.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nope that wasn't the one I was talking about - SORRY -

I was talking about the boy who took a hammer to his parents then posted on FB to have a party. (age 17)

DDD

Yep Florida is where the action is, lol. by the way, did you hear that the computer expert went public today saying that the chloroform search was one time and not 81...and that he told the Prosecution about it and "allegedly" they never shared the news with the Defense. Geez, I guess it will never be "back to normal". DDD

klmno

I did hear that- except that I heard the news was actually given to Baez and that's how he was able to cross so well and so much about that.

I'm still waiting to hear your theory about what really happened to cause Caylee's death and body ending up where it did, DDD! Everyone else has thrown out their's.....LOL!

DDD

Well........not to be redundant.......I don't know! But in my gut I don't think she purposely caused the death of her little girl. I do believe she has more than one screw loose. I also don't believe it was proven and if I were seated on that jury I'm sure I would feel just like I did when I was seated on the murder jury years ago. Twelve of us "thought" the guy was guilty but it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt and so the verdict was not guilty. I'm not sure what the makeup of the jury was but we had a mixture of races, socio economic, educational and life styles on our panel. We all took it seriously every second we were there and I assume the other eleven, like me, thought about it for quite some time afterwards. Being on a jury is like experiencing combat duty. You just have to be there to really understand the cloak of responsibility. When someone dies at the hands of another it's very sad whether they are forty or four. You may have one juror out of twelve who doesn't understand the complexities but collectively that is our system of government and I support it. That's it in a nutshell. No "but what about this or that". None of us were sequestered and disrupted our life for the sake of the Constitution. They did. I feel badly that they are having to sacrafice their freedom because citizens feel they know better because of media coverage. It's sad. DDD

Nancy

klmno I was just making a comment like what in the world is happening in Florida with all these strange cases.

Janet I posted about this on another thread but don;t think you saw it, the Cleveland house of horrors case rested today, the defense didn't call a single witness. I'm hoping our jury uses more common sense. But the judge dismissed one of the death because there was no body, just a head in the freezer??????!!!!!!!! and they couldn't determine how she died.

Nancy

Nancy

klmno I was just making a comment like what in the world is happening in Florida with all these strange cases.

Janet I posted about this on another thread but don't think you saw it, the Cleveland house of horrors case rested today, the defense didn't call a single witness. I'm hoping our jury uses more common sense. But the judge dismissed one of the death because there was no body, just a head in the freezer??????!!!!!!!! and they couldn't determine how she died.

Nancy

klmno

Thanks, DDD- maybe you had said that before and I lost it in all the other things going on. That gives me a little insight into how the jury might really have been thinking. Not that I agree, just that it sounds a whole lot more logical than what the jurors who are talking are saying, in my humble opinion. To me, it sounds like the fact that the death penalty was on the table made a huge impact.