one glass of grapefruit juice before....

mom23gsfg

eating her meal is what my grandmother always told me helped her to lose those extra few pounds....i had my doupts until a few years ago i put on a few pounds that just wouldn't go away.
it worked....
she told me if you drank a glass full before every meal you wouldn't eat as much,and something about the acid in it helped to burn some of the fats in the food you ate ,plus its good for you. and this lady ate whatever she wanted (greasy foods ,and etc.)so do i but without the juice ....here comes those few pounds again lol

SRL

A small glass of fruit juice is also good when you are about to lose control (ie when preparing a meal or are out and can't get your hands on something healthy). The sugar hits the bloodstream quickly.

LittleDudesMom

Two things - I've never heard about drinking fruit juice before a meal - I've heard about drinking a big glass of water before a meal to "fill you up" and I remember, back in the 70's I think, my mom going on the grapefruit diet.

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Mmmmm, I love grapefruit. As a matter of fact, I have grapefruit bath scrub, soap, and body lotion that I love to use at night when I need a little pampering. Getting under the sheets after all that is devine! Sorry BBK.

Sharon

Sue C

I once read that eating an apple about 1/2 hour before each meal would help fill you up, but I haven't tried it.

Sara -- Thanks for the website link. I checked it out and one of my anti-seizure medications is on the list. According to that, I cannot drink grapefruit juice. I don't care for it anyway but finding out about the drug interaction was very good to know. Gosh--I wonder if there are any other foods that interact with my medications??

sue

BusynMember

I drink two glasses of water before I eat.
Well, ok, I lied...lol. I hate plain water so I drink two cups of decaf coffee with Splenda and non-dairy creamer before I eat. It probably doesn't work as well as water, but it does fill me up. Then I wait 20 minutes (which is how long it takes for us to feel full) before I eat.
Hey, I don't drink alcohol or smoke...I can have my coffee...RIGHT? :wink:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I drink a small 8 oz glass of water with 1 heaping teaspoon of metamucil 15 minutes before eating and it crubs my appetite a lot. Plus, it's good for digestion, your heart and cholesterol.

I learned that tip at WW and also my DR told me to do it because I was, um, irregular at the time.