One more tragedy....someone make it stop!

everywoman

I am better---feeling more like myself now---but don't let anyone tell you different---pneumonia will kick your :censored2:!!! difficult child is doing well. PCson and daughter in law have bought a new house. PCdaughter is back in classes, and she and boyfriend haven't broken up in 2 weeks. He is clean and going to meetings and starts a job tomorrow. It's time to relax and kick back and enjoy some peace-----NOT!!!

easy child's ex-boyfriend (the one from last year) was killed in a car wreck on late Monday night. He was only 20 years old. He was killed within a mile of where his mother was also killed in a wreck when he was 2. I don't know the particulars and wouldn't even speculate about causes. It's so sad when one loses his life so early. easy child has gone to the visitation. She was worried about seeing his grandmother (who raised him) because when they were dating she became very close to her. She has not seen or called since they broke up.

And....
My sister who is 57 had a heart attack on Monday. The did a cath and put in a stint. Heart disease runs in the family---we all know its coming---usually before the age of 55---she was lucky she lasted two years longer than the others. She thought she had a bad gall bladder---had been having pain for days in her back. She had an ultra-sound Monday morning, gall bladder was clear, saw the doctor., got medications, and went home. The pain came back at 3:30. By 5 she was in surgery. There is very little permanent damge although her heart (again a genetic family trait/weak heart muscle) only functions at 48 rather than 50. She is fine and will come home tomorrow. I am trying to get her to retire. She has in enough years---I hope she will talk to doctor. about disability. She is diabetic, obsese, has heart problems....
Sounds like a disability to me!

Anyway, I've decided that this has to be it. This stuff has been going on since difficult child was beaten in Oct. I'm tired. Please someone, make it stop. :smile:

Lothlorien

Okay, we are all putting our collective feet down and demanding that the streak of bad things happening around are are going to stop now.

Sending hugs. I'm glad you are feeling better.

amy4129

Katmom-
all I can offer is a shoulder and a wish that your life returns to pre oct craziness, that will be a break. hugs.
Glad you are feeling better.
Amy

everywoman

Thanks ladies. I am in better spirits today. Lately it's been like being on a see-saw. One moment everything looks like it turning around---I get comfortable---and BAM!!! But, it is better than it was--difficult child is better. easy child's boyfriend is better. Everyone is healthy right now. I have a lot to be thankful for.