Out of steam

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just feeling spent today after the past few weeks of drama. Between the difficult child-inlaw garbage, difficult child 1's GI problems, his bladder full-o'-surprises, his homebound instruction, school issues, holiday stress, and now the chickenpox fly-in-the-ointment... I am just out of energy today. Didn't get very much done today and spent most of the day sitting on my butt on the computer. My anxiety level is fairly high, my sense of humor fairly low. I'm going to try to take the kids out for a movie tonight on some passes we got. Maybe ship them off to a kid-movie so I can see one more to my liking...

My brother and his wife suggested taking me on a pub crawl, lol! Maybe later in the week I can go out for that :winks:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((hugs))

Don't blame you for wanting a day to do much of nothing. Everyone needs down time, and you've been overdue for yours.

tiredmommy

I agree with-Lisa... you need a break. Do the kids go back to school on Monday? I can understand (to a point) what you're going through. We've been too busy lately, husband and Duckie have been on top of me at home and I'm run down with a mild cold. husband is off next Monday so I really hope he goes into the office on Tuesday so I can be alone to recharge my batteries a bit.

DazedandConfused

I tend to spend a lot of time on the computer when I'm stressed out or feeling a lot of anxiety. You have been on one heck of a roller coaster ride these past weeks.

I don't go to the movies much anymore, but I've been advised to avoid Meet the Fockers and Black Swan (which got a ton of great reviews, but friends said stay away).

The one thing I love about winter is that we break out the hot tub and get it running. Combine that with a frosty margarita and some twinkling stars and I'm a happy camper (or is that tubber?).

So, tonight I send a bubbling cyber soak to cure what ails you.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
No, kids don't go back until the 3rd. And difficult child 1 is here until the 28th on homebound instruction. His tutor comes tomorrow.

I ended up taking just the difficult child's to see Gulliver's Travels. Ugh. What a waste of my time. They loved it, though. At least it was 95 minutes of mindless escape, so it's not all bad! husband has been very understanding of the load on my plate right now, so I am thankful he's clued in and giving me some space when I need it. I'm my own worst critic, though -- I'm sure you all can appreciate that. It's hard not to feel like I should be getting more done -- I WANT to be more productive, but I just can't. So I go outside and talk to my chickens. Pull a few dandelions. Check the mail. Go back online. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I know I'm rambling now, but I watched Charlie Rose tonight. He interviewed Javier Bardem and the director (can't remember his name now) of his recent film Biutiful. I started to cry when the showed a final scene from the movie where the father is asking his daughter to please remember him. I am still grappling with my father's loss in August, despite the huge difficult child mess he made of my childhood.

So yeah. A lot going on in my head right now.